I am sitting at work

Parr8hed

36 minutes ago, Zealot said:

A ‘roadie’?

We commonly refer to an alcoholic beverage prepared specifically for consumption while driving on the "road" as a 'roadie".  Of course she will NOT be driving.  She refuses to drive the big truck while pulling a trailer.  She will drive it around town though. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Watching some big trees out front get pushed around pretty good.  It is just ever so slightly unnerving knowing that in about 5 hours I am gonna pull the camper up interstate 65 North for about 1.5 hours.  Hope the wind dies down a little.  It's really no big deal for me driving as long as I fix the wife a roadie before we leave.  Funny how that seems to make my driving easier. 

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

A ‘roadie’?

When I turned 18 it was legal to drink and drive in Texas.  You could pull up next to a cop, take a swig of your Coors Light, give him a wave and drive away.  It was crazy.  You would judge trip lengths by the amount of beer needed.  Dallas to College Station with two guys was a 6 pack.  Dallas to Padre Island was closer to a 12 pack.

We even had drive through liquor and beer stores.  Like a warehouse.  Drive in, place your order, they bring it to the car, you pay and drive out.

Fixing a roadie was just par for the course.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

When I turned 18 it was legal to drink and drive in Texas.  You could pull up next to a cop, take a swig of your Coors Light, give him a wave and drive away.  It was crazy.  You would judge trip lengths by the amount of beer needed.  Dallas to College Station with two guys was a 6 pack.  Dallas to Padre Island was closer to a 12 pack.

We even had drive through liquor and beer stores.  Like a warehouse.  Drive in, place your order, they bring it to the car, you pay and drive out.

On my bike trip in Montana I saw people ordering Moscow Mules in their to go cups. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Watching some big trees out front get pushed around pretty good.  It is just ever so slightly unnerving knowing that in about 5 hours I am gonna pull the camper up interstate 65 North for about 1.5 hours.  Hope the wind dies down a little.  It's really no big deal for me driving as long as I fix the wife a roadie before we leave.  Funny how that seems to make my driving easier. 

Headed to Columbus, or Greenwood?

6 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Peace be the drive. Is this for softball?

Yep.  Last tourney subbing with another travel team.  Her travel team is almost ready to get back together.  High school is almost over for most of them. 

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

Yep.  Last tourney subbing with another travel team.  Her travel team is almost ready to get back together.  High school is almost over for most of them. 

Are they playing that big tournament in Denver again? I’d totally mosey up there to watch and visit some family. 

• Heart 2

Just now, MoseySusan said:

Are they playing that big tournament in Denver again? I’d totally mosey up there to watch and visit some family. 

No.  Not this year.  We wanted to do PGF Nationals in Myrtle again.  That one is great.  We also wanted to do the Legacy in Alanta.  Huge tourney there.  Coach really wanted to do CO again but can't do all 3.  So we elected to do Myrtle and ATL.  We spent so much in CO last year that this year so this year will be slightly cheaper as we can drive to myrtle and ATL much easier.  Will be great southern competition. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

While I was putting my tomato cages together, my neighbor called out to me that there was a tornado watch going on.

I looked online an hour later and it listed "the Baltimore Area" but my county wasn't on the list and the National Weather Service map showed about every county but mine.  Still, it was getting breezy outside, so I dumped my 12 tomato cages into the outside cellar stairway.

After I finish the last 5, I guess I'll stash them in the basement until I'm ready to put them in the garden.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

We commonly refer to an alcoholic beverage prepared specifically for consumption while driving on the "road" as a 'roadie".  Of course she will NOT be driving.  She refuses to drive the big truck while pulling a trailer.  She will drive it around town though. 

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

I recall those days. But I do not recall the term ‘roadie’ being applied. 

So, Parr8, you still do this?

1 minute ago, Zealot said:

I recall those days. But I do not recall the term ‘roadie’ being applied. 

So, Parr8, you still do this?

Only for the wife when we go set up the camper.  I don't partake until it's parked and set up. 

• Heart 1

Nebraska opened up to drinks to go during the lock down. They are required to put a seal on the lid. It’s up to you to honor the don’t drink while driving part. It worked out well enough they were able to keep it going after things opened back up. Sin City makes amazing spiked milk shakes that are best enjoyed once you get home! Don’t want to drink them and then drive!

• Heart 1