The Beginning and the End

Kirby

A big thunderstorm is just starting and this will also signal an end to the heat wave of the last two days.   I hurried up and dried my hair just in case the power goes out and my hair dryer can't work.  :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Our weathermen get downright giddy when they can predict thunder snow!

Our weather guy really kicks it up when there is any kind of major weather. They focus on his side of the studio, he sheds his jacket and tie, rolls up his sleeves and tromps around pointing at screens and directing remote shots to show conditions all around the city.

It's quite a show.

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

A big thunderstorm is just starting and this will also signal an end to the heat wave of the last two days.   I hurried up and dried my hair just in case the power goes out and my hair dryer can't work.  :nodhead:

When I was a kid and tried to argue with my Dad about something he ordered me to do, he'd just say, "The alpha and the omega." meaning, "The beginning and the end" of the argument had already occurred and there was nothing to argue about!

We are spending the weekend at the in-law's' lake house about 4 hrs from home. The big storm rolled through early Saturday afternoon and knocked the power out for about 24 hours.

Fortunately, they have a standby generator, so we were not inconvenienced. Large areas of the province had power outages, and I think some areas are still out. 

• Hugs 1

16 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

We are spending the weekend at the in-law's' lake house about 4 hrs from home. The big storm rolled through early Saturday afternoon and knocked the power out for about 24 hours.

Fortunately, they have a standby generator, so we were not inconvenienced. Large areas of the province had power outages, and I think some areas are still out. 

8 people killed in that storm. My friends had their cottage severely damaged in Havelock Ontario. image.thumb.png.64ff056a6fc2d7d84333ced541b4ad7f.png

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

8 people killed in that storm. My friends had their cottage severely damaged in Havelock Ontario. image.thumb.png.64ff056a6fc2d7d84333ced541b4ad7f.png

Now reporting at least 9 dead. The weather is clear here now, but the standby generator just kicked in again a few minutes ago, so the power situation is still a work in progress.

A friend drove by our house yesterday to check on it and he said everything looks fine.

• Hugs 1

We got some heavy rains but no nasty winds.  Counties near here however had more severe warnings.  It's always so sad to see the damage to trees and property after a big storm.

• Heart 1