Last camping trip of the summer

Rattlecan

2 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Heading out today to the Pinery Provincial Park for a week. Fourth outing of the year.

Wow the summer has gone by fast.

We did a quick one yesterday. Got an early morning meeting out of the way, and got to the campground by check-in time.  Relaxed like a pro, and then cruised home early this AM.  Wonderful time. Wonderful weather.

• Awesome 2

32 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

So you are ready to start winter camping?  Will be leaving for my first trip since April tomorrow morning.  Camping at the sheep show.  Camping season really starts in September.

Not really into the outdoor winter activities. If I had a fat bike maybe but I would be going alone. No way my wife would accompany me 

2 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Hooked up and ready to roll. Bikes are on board and supper is in the slow cooker to cook on solar power in transit.

D8062D23-23DC-4061-8CFD-F09784B4B23F.jpeg

2BD5FD3D-3EA0-4432-844E-BABE960437F6.jpeg

86ACA8F1-4436-45D9-8DF1-B83E26A511C4.jpeg

I love the slow cooker in the camper for the trip to the campsite.

We put in a bunch of chicken breast.  One big box of chicken broth.  A package of taco seasoning and a package of dry ranch mix.  Shred the chicken when you get there and then let it cook in the broth while you set up.  Bust out some shells, sour cream and cheese and you're eating chicken tacos while the fire takes off. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

21 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I love the slow cooker in the camper for the trip to the campsite.

We put in a bunch of chicken breast.  One big box of chicken broth.  A package of taco seasoning and a package of dry ranch mix.  Shred the chicken when you get there and then let it cook in the broth while you set up.  Bust out some shells, sour cream and cheese and you're eating chicken tacos while the fire takes off. 

Yeah it’s nice having supper all ready done when you get finished setting up camp. It is the way to go.

• Heart 3