Is it really this hard?

12string

40 minutes ago, 12string said:

I bought a bag of chips.  The cashier started to open a paper bag.  I told her I don't need a bag.  She asked if I was SURE?

Are people really this indecisive about whether they should put their bag of chips in a paper bag?

Surely you mean a paper sack.  

I do self checkout enough I usually just have to question myself. When I shop at malls, not often, I usually consolidate my purchases into as few bags as possible. I know a few people have been miffed that their bag and logo would not be visible to other shoppers in the mall. 
The funniest is when I stop at Total Wine for beer. The older cashiers there always question me are you SURE you don’t want a bag? I’m sure this goes to the stigma of the brown paper bag so the neighbors don’t talk. Lady, I’m walking out of a liquor store. My purchase is no secret. I’m pretty sure they know I didn’t buy communion wafers!

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

When I buy a jug of milk the cashier always asks if I want my milk in a bag? I tell her no, just leave it in the jug.

A cow-orker loves to tell the story of the heavy snowstorm where it took him like 6 hours to get home so he had to pee in Shoprite bags.  That story was problematic to me because I think the vast majority of Shoprite bags are not even close to water tight.  If indeed any atoll are. :(  I asked him why he didn't just get oot and pee since part of the time he was just in low speed roads through neighborhoods, and he said that he is a big black guy so did not think that was advisable. :D

• Haha 1