Conditions look challenging

dinneR

Race day temps look cold, -30s, maybe above 0 for the high. Windy, snowy.

The current problem is we might not be able to make the drive. The pass is closed. The highway between Tetonia and Ashton is notorious for drifting and closing. It's probably closed now.

They've been bombing all morning.

Current visibility

WYO22TetonPassEast.thumb.jpg.8251722d200de55a7deb5896329b36fb.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

When is the grid going to crash?  Do you have bread and milk? 

The grid will be fine. I have raw milk and I can make bread. I am supposed to be driving to ID today. The pass is still closed. We could be F'd.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, dinneR said:

Race day temps look cold, -30s, maybe above 0 for the high. Windy, snowy.

The current problem is we might not be able to make the drive. The pass is closed. The highway between Tetonia and Ashton is notorious for drifting and closing. It's probably closed now.

They've been bombing all morning.

Current visibility

WYO22TetonPassEast.thumb.jpg.8251722d200de55a7deb5896329b36fb.jpg

That’s more than challenging, though. Maybe after the sun is out some of that will burn away? 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Don't forget your cake!

He is baking his own flourless chocolate cake!  He is a pro at this driving in a frozen wasteland stuff.  I bet he is so good that he hardly ever crashes into the roundabout anymore.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Good advice

image.png.ea0f37357e9fa16e9ea9a114bddd33ec.png

I've been putting beers next to a window, behind the curtain, in the basement so that my lazy azz doesn't need to climb up the stairs to get one. Before the summer, I need to get a small fridge down there.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinneR said:

IMG_20240113_080944326.jpg

Uh...just hope for very little wind. Super frigid and clear.... like where I am, except we have some wind.

There were the odd cyclist here and there in past 2 days cycling downtown on the roads with cars around the. Not all on fat bikes and riding on roads on frozen hard packed snow , since it's getting slippery with thin layer of ice .. even after snow plough scraping. Which means uber cold. I saw a bike courier...what a job in such conditions.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

How did you feel?  Was there soup? Major congratulations. 

I feel good. Tired mostly. There was soup, but I did not have any. I ate cake. I still have some for tonight.

Anything can freeze at those temps. Your brakes, bike rack, eye lashes. I couldn't keep ice off my glasses or goggles.

• Awesome 1