It's been a day

dinneR

2 minutes ago, dinneR said:

My day started great. I skied. My last run I nailed a double black diamond. Then I hit the groomer which should have been the easy part. My boot released from the binding and I slid down the mountain about 200 yards. I wasn't sure I would stop. I walked back up to fetch my skis. It released two more times before I just walked down. The ski patrol offered a ride, but I walked. Definitely tweaked my knee.

I have some errands to run. Fetch my mail and get groceries. I go to the PO and my box won't open. The line at the counter is out the door so I go buy some groceries and come back. They locked my box. I tell the guy I didn't my annual renewal notice. He said, we've heard that a lot lately. I get my mail and open a statement from my dental insurance and they have denied my claim until I provide x-rays of work. WTF?

Then I get a notice from my landlord. I can apply for an apt where I am currently a tenant and have been for four years. $45 application fee. Seriously? And if they have a unit available I have to pay another deposit and the new rental rate is $15k more than I am paying now.

Now I have to figure out wtf is wrong with my binding.

Fat bike doesn’t need bindings, just sayin! 😉

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dinneR said:

My day started great. I skied. My last run I nailed a double black diamond. Then I hit the groomer which should have been the easy part. My boot released from the binding and I slid down the mountain about 200 yards. I wasn't sure I would stop. I walked back up to fetch my skis. It released two more times before I just walked down. The ski patrol offered a ride, but I walked. Definitely tweaked my knee.

I have some errands to run. Fetch my mail and get groceries. I go to the PO and my box won't open. The line at the counter is out the door so I go buy some groceries and come back. They locked my box. I tell the guy I didn't my annual renewal notice. He said, we've heard that a lot lately. I get my mail and open a statement from my dental insurance and they have denied my claim until I provide x-rays of work. WTF?

Then I get a notice from my landlord. I can apply for an apt where I am currently a tenant and have been for four years. $45 application fee. Seriously? And if they have a unit available I have to pay another deposit and the new rental rate is $15k more than I am paying now.

Now I have to figure out wtf is wrong with my binding.

What is your job?  This day sounds like it might have been better to be at work. 

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, Airehead said:

What is your job?  This day sounds like it might have been better to be at work. 

I should have gone to work. But skiing is so much more fun.

16 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Never go to bed on a bad day without remembering something good that happened.

Awesome advice. This dinner is amazing! And I will have leftovers. I might watch a movie or read a book tonight.

After a couple of glasses of wine and some ibuprofen, my knee no longer hurts. My binding seems to be fine.

Life is good.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

15 minutes ago, Airehead said:

My job is being the King of Jackson Hole. It's challenging, but I enjoy it. If my subjects would get their act together, my castle will be finished before my lease ends and I will have a new place to live.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, dinneR said:

I should have gone to work. But skiing is so much more fun.

Awesome advice. This dinner is amazing! And I will have leftovers. I might watch a movie or read a book tonight.

After a couple of glasses of wine and some ibuprofen, my knee no longer hurts. My binding seems to be fine.

Life is good.

Yep - don't sweat the small stuff.  But appreciate that lots of small stuff is also good stuff.  We generally have it better than 99% of the world, so there is that.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

What is your venmo?  I will send you 10 bucks and you can have a drink on me.

I killed a bottle of wine and feel much better.

The apartment application was irritating af. I am allowed to apply for an apartment where I have lived for four years. I provided all of the same info they already have. I feel like they should pay me $45 for being such an awesome tenant. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

18 hours ago, dinneR said:

My job is being the King of Jackson Hole. It's challenging, but I enjoy it. If my subjects would get their act together, my castle will be finished before my lease ends and I will have a new place to live.

It’s good to be king. Until the peasants start complaining about repression, and who stabbed who.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dinneR said:

The apartment application was irritating af. I am allowed to apply for an apartment where I have lived for four years. I provided all of the same info they already have. I feel like they should pay me $45 for being such an awesome tenant. 

Is the process getting better? Stuck in "sucky" mode? Or getting worse?

It really seems like they should be better at this by now or they're not trying.

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is the process getting better? Stuck in "sucky" mode? Or getting worse?

It really seems like they should be better at this by now or they're not trying.

The process sucks. I applied for an apartment in January. I have not heard anything and they don't tell you when you will hear anything. How about a simple email saying we have your application and will conduct a drawing March 1?

Reapplying for my apartment is beyond stupid. Imagine if you had to reapply for your job or your mortgage.