Supersize me

Longjohn

Yeah...  I'm just tall enough at 6'4" to know things in this world are not designed for taller people. 

I used to go to the Chicago Auto Show to try on cars to see if I could fit inside.  Many were too small.

• Heart 1

I worked in a garage for a year or so. I had to have one of the other mechanics bring the smaller cars in the shop for me. I couldn’t fit behind the steering wheel. I couldn’t fit in a corvette or any car called a spider.

• Heart 3

39 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

The last time I rode Tour de Tucson was 2012. Bill Walton rode it that year and I happened to pass him early in the ride. I kept looking up and up as I went by. Certainly different than the time I rode with @petitepedal

I saw Bill Walton riding once several years ago too.  The enormous head tube of his bike caught my eye and then I looked at the guys face & recognized him immediately.   We were going opposite directions or I definitely would have said hello.  

• Heart 2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I will take 2.  thanks. :D  I will watch the video at lunch.

I'm seeing dual brake discs on the front - is that a thing nowadays?  or is that just a thing for this bike?

I think that is just for 36 ers.

• Heart 1

list price:  $5 grand.

When I was shopping for my road bike I wasn't able to find one in a store, to test ride - I had to take measurements against my existing bike and find out what needed to be bigger, and I crossed my fingers when I ordered it... thankfully it worked out.  I wonder if this would be the same experience.

Interesting to note that this bike has 200mm crank arms - compared to the 210s on my road bike.  I thought the "Dirtysixer" might have even longer cranks.  (current models of my road bike also have 200s)