No. No it isn't. Stop saying that

12string

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

How far before? One nanosecond? One hour? Four hours? Or 12 hours?  I mean, we need more details to show how wrong you are!

When the sun is halfway between the edges of the earth, but underneath.  Actual hours depend on how slow the government is making the sun move today.  Geez, this is like 2nd grade stuff.

Oddly, this statement is often use when someone is in the depths of their despair, to make them think it's almost over, it will get better soon.  What it really means is it's going to take as long to get out of this as it took to get in it, sucks to be you.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Tell that to a chemo cancer cured person.

Or having lst, followed by 2nd concussion.  Totally wrong.  A person's brain is increasingly damaged. It gets worse with each repeated concussion.  A concussion is:  brain injury.

When things have been dark for me, I always knew things were sure to get better because I had skills, help, etc. that would help me.  Unfortunately, that's not true for everyone and I hope I'm never in that situation.

Also, something a friend said in college always brightens my day when a tough situation arises.

Once while we were in college, four of us went to the other side of town to check out a night club on a Friday night.

Suddenly the guy who was driving, Teddy, stood up and said, "Ok, I'm out of here. Let's go."

The rest of us asked why he wanted to leave, pointed we were in the middle of expensive drinks, thought we were getting somewhere with the waitresses, etc., but he just kept saying he was leaving.

We said we were staying and he walked out the door.  A minute later he came back and said, "Last chance, I'm leaving," and he walked back out.

We looked at each other and said, "Teddy's gone."

Later, after striking out with the girls, we decided to hitchhike around the Baltimore Beltway, being too proud to call our parents.  We wore suits only, no heavy coats, and it was freezing after midnight.

Two of us would duck out of the wind while the third stuck out this thumb on the road.

Freezing, I was cursing Teddy when Tom (now a retired dentist), huddling with me, said, "It's easier to get through this if we keep in mind we will be telling this story and laughing about it in the future."

Soon after a girl, whose car heater wasn't working, picked us up at Exit 28 and drove us all the way to my car off Exit 13. I don't know if she was looking for romance - a lone girl about our age picking up three strange but well-dressed guys, but we were too frozen to think about it.

Ever since then, when I start feeling down about a situation, I remember Tom's words about laughing about it later and that picks me up.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

When things have been dark for me, I always knew things were sure to get better because I had skills, help, etc. that would help me.  Unfortunately, that's not true for everyone and I hope I'm never in that situation.

Also, something a friend said in college always brightens my day when a tough situation arises.

Once while we were in college, four of us went to the other side of town to check out a night club on a Friday night.

Suddenly the guy who was driving, Teddy, stood up and said, "Ok, I'm out of here. Let's go."

The rest of us asked why he wanted to leave, pointed we were in the middle of expensive drinks, thought we were getting somewhere with the waitresses, etc., but he just kept saying he was leaving.

We said we were staying and he walked out the door.  A minute later he came back and said, "Last chance, I'm leaving," and he walked back out.

We looked at each other and said, "Teddy's gone."

Later, after striking out with the girls, we decided to hitchhike around the Baltimore Beltway, being too proud to call our parents.  We wore suits only, no heavy coats, and it was freezing after midnight.

Two of us would duck out of the wind while the third stuck out this thumb on the road.

Freezing, I was cursing Teddy when Tom (now a retired dentist), huddling with me, said, "It's easier to get through this if we keep in mind we will be telling this story and laughing about it in the future."

Soon after a girl, whose car heater wasn't working, picked us up at Exit 28 and drove us all the way to my car off Exit 13. I don't know if she was looking for romance - a lone girl about our age picking up three strange but well-dressed guys, but we were too frozen to think about it.

Ever since then, when I start feeling down about a situation, I remember Tom's words about laughing about it later and that picks me up.

It doesn't sound like you've ever hit rock bottom if Tom's words are enough.  Good on ya though.

2 hours ago, 12string said:

When the sun is halfway between the edges of the earth, but underneath.

Yeah, but.. When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

• Like 1

My mom had some weird beliefs she would tell us. Even as a child I knew she was full of it but didn’t argue:

Myth #1 Don’t wear wet clothes, you will get bone cancer.  

Myth #2 If you put a knife in hot water it will get dull.