I am getting snippy with vendors

Randomguy

17 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Do you rep Datto?  If so your response was probably appropriate.  If not just ghost him.  

Yeah, but I have never personally sold any of it.  I am not a Kaseya fan, either, so they are going to have to try harder.

I have taken many emails from a vendor who want to submit a bid for telephone service back the end of January...I gave him pre surgery dates and post surgery dates...they were totally confused about options before I went out...then a couple day before I got back..they wanted to schedule via my part time assistant..who told them to check with me...Once I got back I sent them possible dates..and still nothing was set up :dontknow:.  At this point I don't care.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

There was a contractor we had had some issues with. He called from the front gate to try to make nice, “ in the neighborhood thought I’d stop by” type of call.”

Boss asked him if he had pie, told him we would enjoy some pie. Guy said he’d be right back. Twenty minutes later he called again, this time with pie. 

One of our guys went out and got the pie, thanked him, and left him standing at the gate.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, groupw said:

We were using Datto at my old employer. I liked it at the time. Did it go bad? Or just a pushy rep?

Datto is on the pricey end of the spectrum, and was purchased a ways back by Kaseya, a company of pushy assholes.  Now they are pushy at Datto, too.

I talked to their rep when she called and gave her a raft of shit, appropriate shit.  I said that her inability to schedule in the afternoon is her problem, not mine, so find a way or drop it.  Wouldn't you know, she found a way!  Then I said you can talk to the account manager and service coordinator instead of me.

• Awesome 1

I just liked it for managing receipts and my photos for the most part. I could give clients a link to their photos for review. It worked pretty well. It was free when I worked there. I can’t remember the rate after I left, but I chose not to continue until I get more established with the photography down here. 

2 hours ago, groupw said:

Datto

My first programming job was for a company that wrote and sold computer backup software.  I think I still have a copy somewhere.  I'll let you have it for free.  It supports backups to both 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 inch floppies.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Silly said:

My first programming job was for a company that wrote and sold computer backup software.  I think I still have a copy somewhere.  I'll let you have it for free.  It supports backups to both 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 inch floppies.

I’m ready!

IMG_2664.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Like 1