I'm so sick

maddmaxx

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm so sick

What are your symptoms?  I had a cold/flu/COVID for the first half of March.  Lots of congestion and running nose turning to a cough and then a wet cough/hack before finally going away. Took NyQuil for a solid week just to get 4-5 hrs of sleep.  It faded, but was not nice especially as the weather was fantastic during that period.

Hope your's clears out faster than mine.

17 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Sorry Maxx, covid is a bitch.  I think this the first time you've got it, right?

We are still testing negative.  This has been a very bad head/chest cold with fevers and chills.  I've lost track of what's going around these days but it seems that womaxx brought it home from a volunteer day at a food bank.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

We are still testing negative.  This has been a very bad head/chest cold with fevers and chills.  I've lost track of what's going around these days but it seems that womaxx brought it home from a volunteer day at a food bank.

I think this is my morher’s key to staying well. She is basically housebound. She might get oot very rarely to the grocery store and doctors appointments. 

38 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

I think this is my morher’s key to staying well. She is basically housebound. She might get oot very rarely to the grocery store and doctors appointments. 

Normally it's youngest son who brings this stuff home.  He works in a school and those are cesspools of contagion and pestilence. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Ah, I thought you said the wife had covid and the dominos were gonna fall for everyone else, too.  I sometimes read or remember things wrong, you see.

I got some nasty crap a couple months back that was worse than the covid I had, but was fortunately shorter (a little over a week).  Power-chugging ginger tea and eating more easily digested foods helped, in addition to sleeping all the time.

Rest up.

• Thank You 1

21 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm So Sick

I hope you feel better soon.

My youngest shared her strep throat with me.  I didn't think much of it, so it turned into a combo of strep throat, a middle ear infection and a respiratory infection.  This is part of the reason I'm doing as little as possible over the Easter Weekend.  

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

36 minutes ago, smudge said:

Damnit, Maxx! Keep the theme either sad or happy. I don't know which emoji to use for the OP!!

I'm following the philosophy to mixing good with bad to alleviate some of the pain.  Everyone's wishes must be working though.  Womaxx is much better and I've decided that I will probably live except for the pain in my sinus just below the left eye.  This seems to be passing more quickly than last months bug.  I'm hoping that this back to back shit stops now.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

On 3/29/2024 at 9:26 AM, Randomguy said:

Ah, I thought you said the wife had covid and the dominos were gonna fall for everyone else, too.  I sometimes read or remember things wrong, you see.

I got some nasty crap a couple months back that was worse than the covid I had, but was fortunately shorter (a little over a week).  Power-chugging ginger tea and eating more easily digested foods helped, in addition to sleeping all the time.

Rest up.

Obviously I was wrong and you were right.

9 minutes ago, Kirby said:

How is everyone feeling now?

The sinus part seems to be getting better as is my energy and ability to do things.  Womaxx who got it first seems to be the one who will get over it first.  Youngest son with his twice collapsed lungs has developed quite a cough which is normal whenever he gets sick but he has to take a few days off from work.  

The mouth and taste thing just started about half way through today and it's me only of the 3 of us.  All of us have slightly different symptoms.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

9 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

I did not say you would not die. Remember I get your stuff.

That line has already formed.  Remember that for older folks, there is often some damage to the heart muscle that shows up post recovery.  So you still stand a chance to get a train set Bob.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

That line has already formed.  Remember that for older folks, there is often some damage to the heart muscle that shows up post recovery.  So you still stand a chance to get a train set Bob.

There is sometimes that weirdness, but often not.  My knees were jacked after I had it a couple of years back, and they are still more hurty than before, but I am also a couple of years older now, too.

6 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Well we all hope that’s not the case. Best of health Max.