Contains 1 Bicycle. Some assembly required

12 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Could you build it for me???

Edit: I love the orange cable outers.  Now that's OCP!  I approve.

No, but I can build it for me..... I'm about 3/4 done. All that really remains is bleeding the brakes.

The LBS guy gave me the orange cable housing.

Build:

• 2015 Salsa Beargrease frame
  • Salsa Makwa Carbon fork
  • Cane Creek headset
  • Raceface Turbine stem
  • Raceface Next35 bar
  • Specialized Phenom saddle
  • Specialized Enduro grips
  • Raceface Next SL crank
  • Industry Nine Torch hubs
  • HED Big Deal rims
  • Maxxis Mammoth tires
  • Shimano XT 11-42 cassette 
  • Shimano XTR 11 speed shifter
  • Shimano XTR rear derailleur 
  • Salsa Shaft seatpost
  • Sram Guide RS brakes
  • Walmart streamers and basket
  • Heart 3

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

The carbon fiber kickstand is on backorder 

My first adult bike was a hybrid.  It had carbon chainstays (mean nothing to me).  My wife and I bought similar bikes.  While we were waiting for them to get them ready I called and asked to have kick stands put on them.  They refused, I was pissed and said I would not buy the bikes if they wouldn't.  They refused, so I bought the bikes.

• Heart 3

52 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My first adult bike was a hybrid.  It had carbon chainstays (mean nothing to me).  My wife and I bought similar bikes.  While we were waiting for them to get them ready I called and asked to have kick stands put on them.  They refused, I was pissed and said I would not buy the bikes if they wouldn't.  They refused, so I bought the bikes.

Ha! At the bike show last weekend, I saw someone pushing a new carbon fiber fat bike out the door. Yup, it had a kickstand on it. 

I wished I had my camera with me when I saw that.

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

What kind of fork?  

and,is that a dropper post that I see on the table?  

reading comprehension isn't your long suit, is it? :P "Salsa Makwa fork". 

No, it's a Salsa Shaft. I have no need for a dropper. It's off SO's bike. I haven't decided yet if I want a straight block or setback post, so until I ride it a bit, I'm going with that.

(And before you ask, that POS steel handlebar is for display purposes only - the RaceFace one hadn't come in when I took the picture)

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

reading comprehension isn't your long suit, is it? :P "Salsa Makwa fork". 

No, it's a Salsa Shaft. I have no need for a dropper.

Sorry, I saw that after.

damn, color me disappointed.  I often forget that not everyone has my terrain.

I use my dropper post on every ride.  Also, I can't live without a fork with some dampening.

20 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

SO I have to ask - why did it take you 3 tries to install the disks?

It was sort of twice...and once wasn't my fault. 

Checked direction on the back one three times, Put it on backwards anyway. Took it off, flipped it around and reinstalled it. Found out LBS guy -whose knowledge is legendary- gave me the wrong size specs for the rotors. Instead of the 160/180 rotors he told me I needed, it's 140/160.....which means I had to go buy another rotor, take the one off the front, put it on the shelf, take the one off the back, put it on the front and put the new one on the back.

which brings up a point - anyone need a SRAM Centerline 180 rotor? (And the brake adapters I bought that I didn't need...) Free to good home.

27 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Sorry, I saw that after.

damn, color me disappointed.  I often forget that not everyone has my terrain.

I use my dropper post on every ride.  Also, I can't live without a fork with some dampening.

I suppose there's terrain suitable for a dropper post, but I don't go looking for it. For anything steep I ride, I can hang my fat ass off the back, well enough.

1 hour ago, Further said:

When I mentioned 2800 for a bicycle a guy at work said "it must be nice to have the money to spend 3 grand on a bike "  When I asked how much he had in guns, he told me that was different.     :default_sissy-fight-smiley:

These are the very kind of guys I like leaving stuff out for....even if it's made up bullshit (like fake the invoice for the $10k Felt TT bike I did last time).

• Heart 1