32 miles alone <edited with pics>

Dirtyhip

Tomorrow, I am heading out on a longish bike ride on the fatty.  This will be my longest ride alone in a somewhat desolate area.  I feel mentally prepared.  I've got my cell, a tool kit and plenty of water and plenty of snacks.  

In the past, I used to be very fearful of venturing out like this alone.  Well, these kind of distances in the out and beyond.

• Heart 1

There has only been two times I have ridden with anyone on bike rides. The first time was for Tour De Fort with Mad City and the gang, and the second time was the Tour De Cure with Grandmarides. 

I don't have anyone to ride with otherwise :(

I can understand that many of you ride alone.  I ride alone a lot, I just never have ventured out this far alone.  In the past I end up doing repeats on this ride that leaves me no more than 5 miles from home, if I had to walk home due to mechanical.

It's not being alone that freaks me out or being out in the woods alone.  That does not scare me.  It's my lameness in fixing problems that scares me.

I have done rides from him that has me 50 miles north or west of my house. A lot of the reason I like to ride alone if of the solitude and freedom I feel when I am out there… If I was out your way, I would honestly ride a two day camping trip every couple of weeks by myself. 

Ralph, thanks.  Screen background on your computer is an honor.

That road is hell.  12% in the bottom section.

Ouch!! That's a killer. I can do some elevation, even long ones sometimes, as long as the grade is low. Throw in a big grade like that and I'm wiped out in 150 feet.