I was wondering

AirwickWithCheese

No, but i grew up in an apartment, so even iif there was a pie in the window, it would be hard to smell from outside.  Plus it would have to be a small pie to fit through the child guards on the window.  :(

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Cartoons are the only place I have ever seen pies cooling on the window sill.

I am going to build a pie ledge on the windowsill of my front casement window. It will work in conjunction as you roll out the casement. The pie shelf will go foward and up over the flower box. It will also have a fan that can blow the delicious pie smell in whatever direction I choose. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I am going to build a pie ledge on the windowsill of my front casement window. It will work in conjunction as you roll out the casement. The pie shelf will go foward and up over the flower box. It will also have a fan that can blow the delicious pie smell in whatever direction I choose. 

Stray cats will love that, they love pie. :nodhead:

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Child guards or security bars?

Child guards.  NYC law requires them for any apartment with a child under the age of 10.  They were open on the top so they wouldn't be effective as a security bar, but they'd help prevent a child from falling (we were on the 4th floor).

7 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

This is not a concern with a jack russell. However, the pie must maximize neighbor jealousy without attracting flies.   

Of course it would attract flies!  This, and hobos, would be the main deterrents to windowing your pies.

I will demand a grape pie of Kirby, and will respect whatever she demands of me in return.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Don't Jack Russells like pie too?

Of course. But of course there is always a slightly smaller pie baked for Sam. A man that envisions a rotating pie ledge on a casement windowsill would never forget his jack russell. 

I feel you have insulted me LJ.   :(

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Of course it would attract flies!  This, and hobos, would be the main deterrents to windowing your pies.

I will demand a grape pie of Kirby, and will respect whatever she demands of me in return.

Unfortunately, I haven't turned my oven on in years. Can one bake a pie in a microwave or toaster oven?:dontknow:

• Heart 1