What, no Monday Morning thread?

Airehead

Good Morning. I'm dragging a little because my daughter decided to move back in with us last night. 2AM, boyfriend drama. He has a habit of threatening to kill himself during arguments. Well his Mom called the cops and he spent the night at the psych ward.  So my daughter came back home. She has been planning to leave in two weeks to spend a few weeks with her mom near Boston, so maybe she'll extend that longer.

Tried to go back to sleep at 3, but didn't get much.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I am going back to work after my four days lost to the flu.

good luck.  My [lovely] daughter is back to school today after a similar "vacation".

I moved boxes and furniture all weekend.... so today was one of those mornings when I sat down in my chair at the office and actually welcomed the opportunity to "relax" for a few minutes.

29 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Good Morning. I'm dragging a little because my daughter decided to move back in with us last night. 2AM, boyfriend drama. He has a habit of threatening to kill himself during arguments. Well his Mom called the cops and he spent the night at the psych ward.  So my daughter came back home. She has been planning to leave in two weeks to spend a few weeks with her mom near Boston, so maybe she'll extend that longer.

I hope she can evaluate her situation during this time. Kids won’t take advise that isn’t asked for. She should be able to figure out it isn’t going to get better if she stays with him.

• Heart 1

I'm not looking forward to today.  This afternoon I have a consult with an eye doctor who specializes in laser treatments for delaying glaucoma.  I don't expect anything but talk today but who knows.  I'm weary of lasers burning out parts of my eyes.  It hurts and it only seems to delay the inevitable.

Lets speak of another day.

42 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I hope she can evaluate her situation during this time. Kids won’t take advise that isn’t asked for. She should be able to figure out it isn’t going to get better if she stays with him.

Thanks.  They've been together about 4 years. We're quite close, but I don't try to dictate her life, just support her decisions as much as I can.  The last time this happened, was right after I got married. She clashed with BuffCarla and it was kind of ugly. This time I think it will be OK for two weeks, she's more mature and BuffCarla is more comfortable in our home life. My ex-wife has constantly lobbied against this boyfriend, but that hasn't gotten her anywhere.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

man that's tough.  

• Heart 1