Going to the grocery store - anyone need anything?

Tizeye

Most grocery stores are closed today, but Winn Dixie that I rarely shop at is open part of the day.

Turkey will survive another day as have an impromptu change of menu. Wife was nauseated last evening - not the flu but probably opioid withdrawal as finally off pain meds - and much better this morning. Just doesn't feel like turkey and all the fixings. Guess I will get some hamburger buns, but no beans or fries. She suggested applesauce as a side.

This is the only meal from my childhood that I still hold as "tradition"...I make a few dishes..but not necessarily on the holidays we made them for..I keep saying I should do something else...

Maybe next year.....just because it isn't Turkey doesn't mean we are not thankful...

Ummmm..I think I am good for food today..but you could pick up something not Turkey for me for dinner Friday night!

4 hours ago, donkpow said:

The local Kroger is open 6am-5pm. I went and got some stuff today. Nothing going on so I took the time to go and get some heavier items that I need. Put them in the panniers.  And stole a shopping cart on my way out.  It was in the parking lot and no one was using it.  Finders keepers....

FIFY

• Haha 1

I got back. Had to drive past WalMart enroute to Winn Dixie. Parking lot was jam packed and no way I was going to turn in there. Picked up the few items and each of the 12 registers were backed up. While ignored the "less than 20 items" line, each line other than that one averaged about 4 people back (that one at least 10 back). Found one where each person in line had just a few items. Only snag when I got up there, a few of the items were priced "with card"...and they changed "the card". I don't typically carry the card around since I don't typically shop at Winn Dixie, but just keep it in the car if I happen to pull in. They scanned the old card and scanned a new one which the old card activated and the discounts were applied.

• Heart 2

Today, Friday, is supposed to be my grocery shopping day, but I brought a few leftovers home from yesterday's Thanksgiving gathering so, since the high today was 26F and tomorrow (Sat.) it will be 50F, I decided shopping on Saturday won't be any more crowded than Fri.