Dinner

petitepedal

It was 90F and after shopping I knew I'd feel lazy so I picked up a very tasty 14 oz, frozen dinner: a $2.24 (at Walmart) Banquet Mega Bowl: just 450 Cal. (180 from Fat) though high on sodium 1380 mg.  It was filling and may pay a role in my ongoing weight-loss endeavors as long as I limit sodium the rest of the day.

Country Fried Chicken with "creamy mashed potatoes topped with savory homestyle gravy, corn, and cheese:"

image.png.2270d259246f558871a0b82e17ab2ef3.png

I'm having 1" thick boneless pork chops and a nice, thick haddock filet with fresh veggies for at least 4 days in the next week.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

It was 90F and after shopping I knew I'd feel lazy so I picked up a very tasty 14 oz, frozen dinner: a $2.24 (at Walmart) Banquet Mega Bowl: just 450 Cal. (180 from Fat) though high on sodium 1380 mg.  It was filling and may pay a role in my ongoing weight-loss endeavors as long as I limit sodium the rest of the day.

Country Fried Chicken with "creamy mashed potatoes topped with savory homestyle gravy, corn, and cheese:"

image.png.2270d259246f558871a0b82e17ab2ef3.png

I'm having 1" thick boneless pork chops and a nice, thick haddock filet with fresh veggies for at least 4 days in the next week.

If you keep eating that processed food, you'll be dead before you're 60, Mick.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/may/29/studies-link-too-much-heavily-processed-food-to-early-death

• Haha 1

My wife says I cook a good dinner even when I’m not home. I put  a frozen rump roast in the oven with some mushrooms and some water this morning  before I went in to mow my mother in law’s lawn. I left the trailer and mower there and went to the lake with my kayak. 

After I was done fishing I went back and got the mower. When I got home I just had to make gravy, cook potatoes and mash them and steamed some broccoli.

6235BF9B-91C0-443A-8BB0-A098B19B3635.thumb.jpeg.03ddd81a75b8bd83c052b2be10d27143.jpeg 

On 5/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, petitepedal said:

I needed to cook something tonight...I bought the ingredients for black bean and corn salsa..so while I assembled that, I cooked some quinoa..had quinoa, the salsa and 1/2 an avocado...I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I would eat that, well, except the black beans, corn and quinoa.. 

• Haha 1