Amazon Prime Day, July 15-16 2019

MickinMD

I found what I've been waiting for on Amazon Prime Day: cheap brown "light cowboy boot shade" wingtip shoes (Prime Day Sale + $7.69 Prime Member savings = $44.80 off) and a cheap 7 qt. dutch oven (Deal of the Day, $18 off).  I'm still looking for a table lamp, probably swivel, so I can read or check my receipts better in the evening when entering them in my budget spreadsheet.

The shoes are returnable and are imitation leather "not that you can tell by looking" and since I'll have a need for them just a few times per year, I thought I'd try these that got a 4.5 star/5 review avg.  The usual "price" is $70.  It's worth seeing if their comfortable for $25.20.

I've been wanting a big, ceramic-coated, cast-iron. Dutch Oven for a while when I want to cook something evenly for a couple hours but want a shorter time than in a crock pot.  The 7.5 qt. Lodge version is $79 and La Creuset is out of this world, so $41.99 and another 4.5 stars/5 rating from 906 reviews looks good.  There's $2.52 Maryland sales tax on the pot but I get 5% back for my pre-tax purchases ($3.36) for using the Amazon (Prime) Store Card.

721000185_InitialReceipt.JPG.e2eaf361f5e8f26d8b08cd10628f53eb.JPG

998589592_18offdutchoven.JPG.1115253218e3b110f14123da741c033c.JPG739611846_OrderSummaryinFinalReceipt.JPG.dd7f2d51ec29881d4fd0e2f9d5810a33.JPG

OK, I'm done. Otherwise I'll keep buying crap I don't need the next two days.

There were no decent Prime Day table lamps with shades and swivels and I didn't like the non-sale ones, so I decided to clean up the 3-way-bulb using lamp I have stored upstairs and buy 3-way bulbs to go with it (50W-100W-150W equiv LED that burn 7W-14W-20W): Amazon did have a $3.96 Prime Day sale on the bulbs, which are 5.3" long and the opening above the socket on my lamp is 6".

382822827_InitialReceiptBulbssml.JPG.07cae23aeae73e199ee8b4e1699930b8.JPG

Total Prime Day Purchases: $85.55

Total Sale Savings: 44.80 + 18.00 + 3.96 = $66.76 (plus $4.15 in cash-back rewards to come on next Amazon (Prime) Store Card Statement).

The 3 way lamp I have is like this similar to this but with a cream-colored shade and in brass with a nicer base instead of silver:

239969394_SwingArmTableLampExample.JPG.0dfb3faba3b97883dad058ba9b433bd4.JPG

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I actually bought amber led 7watt nostalgia bulbs for the fixtures going above the garage doors. Of the four, two came with bulbs and 2 did not even though they are the same item with the same sku code. 

So annoying. Probably made in China :whistle:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I got two extra power banks because I never have enough of those.  One small enough to carry around (but bigger than the one I carry now) and a larger one for use during power outages or longer trips.

• Heart 3

I ordered everything I need from Amazon last week to avoid the rush.

Well, actually because I am going on vacation next week and needed stuff for the camper and couldn't wait, but did check and nothing was really on sale, so glad I didn't wait until the last minute.  Could've saved $20 on the new mattress, but would've came after we left, ordered that last Friday and had to pay upgraded shipping to one day shipping to make sure I get that in time.

13 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Is a Firestick useful? They’re heavily discounted today. I don’t need one for my current TVs, but am thinking of adding a small one on the boat. Firestick would allow me to watch Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc, yes?

I'm only familiar with Roku sticks and ready to throw all those damn things in the trash, remote never stays paired right.

38 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Is a Firestick useful? They’re heavily discounted today. I don’t need one for my current TVs, but am thinking of adding a small one on the boat. Firestick would allow me to watch Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc, yes?

We have one that we take on vaca with us.  We can watch Prime movies, Netflix...  We like it.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I have one for my tv (which isn't a "smart" tv).  I plug it into the tv (and a power source) and can then watch amazon prime, netflix, NBC Gold and all the other streaming services.  I actually rarely use it, but it's nice to have the ability on the times I do. Many of the streaming services charge a fee, so how useful it is depends on whether you have netflix, amazon prime etc. but there is a lot of free stuff as well.  I'm very bad with technical stuff and I had no problem using it. . 

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You have internet on your boat???

28 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

In our marina, yes.

Sweet!  So, a Firestick would work, but so would a lot of other options, I guess.

I was just cleaning out my junk drawer, and tossed a Chromecast from years ago.  It seems all these doodads have a relatively short life span of usefulness, but they're also relatively cheap.

I thought I was done.  I just got a new vacuum cleaner.  I've got a heavy, clunky upright, but the top of the line Oreck, Shark, Dyson, etc. are over $300 normally.

I got the Nerd Wallet's 2nd highest rated overall rated vacuum for $168.99 + $10.14 MD sales tax.

It's here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X7R1FZ2

and it's on sale, $111 dollars off Amazon's normal $279.99 price until 9 am EDT July 16.

1808250871_SharkNV752VacuumCleanerinitialReceipt.JPG.28cd685e4258eeb98d4fe6a04325cce7.JPG

It is not cordless, but an excellent reviewswith videos of use on various surfaces, emptying the cannister and cleaning filters, etc. is here:

https://www.bestcordlessvacuumguide.com/shark-navigator-powered-lift-away-nv752-review/

Another review is here: https://bestvacuumcleanerinfo.com/shark-truepet-nv752-review/

Nerdwallet (https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/shopping/shark-rotator-nv752-upright-vacuum-review/) says:

The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet NV752 promises to combine three vacuums in one: a powerful upright, a lift-away pod and a convenient canister. Use the vacuum in its traditional mode for standard cleaning jobs or use the lift-away feature to separate the canister from the head for floor-to-ceiling cleaning.

Helpful features include LED lights on the wand for illuminating dirt and dust, swivel steering for easy maneuvering, and anti-allergen technology combined with a HEPA filter for trapping allergens.

The 15.6-pound vacuum has a 30-foot power cord and a 12-inch cleaning width. It comes with a Hard Floor Genie attachment with one microfiber pad for bare floor cleaning, canister caddy, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush attachment for pet hair pickup, dusting genie, dusting brush, pet upholstery tool and accessories bag.

The Rotator is listed at $399.99, but it’s often discounted at Amazon. Before you buy, remember to match the credit card you use to the store where you’re shopping to maximize your savings and cash-back rewards.

The Shark Rotator NV752 made our lists of the best vacuums, best Shark vacuums, best upright vacuums, best vacuums for pet hair, best vacuums for carpeted floors and best bagless vacuums. In fact, it’s ranked as our second overall best vacuum cleaner (barely behind the Oreck Insight, $300+).

The pros

The Shark Rotator NV752 particularly shines in its performance on carpet, hard floors and stairs and in efficiency (ease of cleaning, noise level and suction).

The Rotator delivers what’s arguably most important in a vacuum: consistent performance across floor types. Reviewers said they were amazed by the amount of dirt they were able to remove from their carpet with the vacuum.

The device excelled in other areas too. It came away with a perfect 10.0 score for stair cleaning, pet hair pickup, ease of cleaning the machine and noise.

The vacuum fared well in homes with a dog, cat or even multiple pets. Users particularly loved the combination of strong suction power and a quiet motor. Reviewers also appreciated the device for its design features, including its easy-to-clean dirt collection chamber and its TruePet Mini Motorized Brush attachment.

The cons

Despite its stellar ratings, some users noticed a few areas where the Rotator didn’t quite hit the mark. These included weight and maneuverability.

This Shark came in with its lowest rating in the weight category, scoring just 7.4. Some users thought carrying the vacuum up and down stairs was daunting. As for maneuverability, some said the swivel steering made it difficult to angle the vacuum the correct way without it straying off path.

The verdict

With its strong performance and multipurpose design, we recommend this vacuum for consumers who are looking for a single vacuum cleaner for all the rooms in their home — especially if they have pets.

1886375499_SharkPick1.JPG.dcef07b9e72cddf5bd2f8115f43785c6.JPG737287432_SharkPick2.JPG.3de18751805f0d759f7bc84336b3e06c.JPG

1425746836_SharkPick3.JPG.06a99287a6468b2debf0cf2308510d89.JPG1059563413_SharkPick4.JPG.0d4f67bd9ba83a891161caafd648179f.JPG

Shark Vacuum Order Summary in Final Receipt.JPG

5 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I thought I was done.  I just got a new vacuum cleaner.  I've got a heavy, clunky upright, but the top of the line Oreck, Shark, Dyson, etc. are over $300 normally.

I got the Nerd Wallet's 2nd highest rated overall rated vacuum for $168.99 + $10.14 MD sales tax.

It's here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X7R1FZ2

and it's on sale, $111 dollars off Amazon's normal $279.99 price until 9 am EDT July 16.

1808250871_SharkNV752VacuumCleanerinitialReceipt.JPG.28cd685e4258eeb98d4fe6a04325cce7.JPG

It is not cordless, but an excellent reviewswith videos of use on various surfaces, emptying the cannister and cleaning filters, etc. is here:

https://www.bestcordlessvacuumguide.com/shark-navigator-powered-lift-away-nv752-review/

Another review is here: https://bestvacuumcleanerinfo.com/shark-truepet-nv752-review/

Nerdwallet (https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/shopping/shark-rotator-nv752-upright-vacuum-review/) says:

The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet NV752 promises to combine three vacuums in one: a powerful upright, a lift-away pod and a convenient canister. Use the vacuum in its traditional mode for standard cleaning jobs or use the lift-away feature to separate the canister from the head for floor-to-ceiling cleaning.

Helpful features include LED lights on the wand for illuminating dirt and dust, swivel steering for easy maneuvering, and anti-allergen technology combined with a HEPA filter for trapping allergens.

The 15.6-pound vacuum has a 30-foot power cord and a 12-inch cleaning width. It comes with a Hard Floor Genie attachment with one microfiber pad for bare floor cleaning, canister caddy, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush attachment for pet hair pickup, dusting genie, dusting brush, pet upholstery tool and accessories bag.

The Rotator is listed at $399.99, but it’s often discounted at Amazon. Before you buy, remember to match the credit card you use to the store where you’re shopping to maximize your savings and cash-back rewards.

The Shark Rotator NV752 made our lists of the best vacuums, best Shark vacuums, best upright vacuums, best vacuums for pet hair, best vacuums for carpeted floors and best bagless vacuums. In fact, it’s ranked as our second overall best vacuum cleaner (barely behind the Oreck Insight, $300+).

The pros

The Shark Rotator NV752 particularly shines in its performance on carpet, hard floors and stairs and in efficiency (ease of cleaning, noise level and suction).

The Rotator delivers what’s arguably most important in a vacuum: consistent performance across floor types. Reviewers said they were amazed by the amount of dirt they were able to remove from their carpet with the vacuum.

The device excelled in other areas too. It came away with a perfect 10.0 score for stair cleaning, pet hair pickup, ease of cleaning the machine and noise.

The vacuum fared well in homes with a dog, cat or even multiple pets. Users particularly loved the combination of strong suction power and a quiet motor. Reviewers also appreciated the device for its design features, including its easy-to-clean dirt collection chamber and its TruePet Mini Motorized Brush attachment.

The cons

Despite its stellar ratings, some users noticed a few areas where the Rotator didn’t quite hit the mark. These included weight and maneuverability.

This Shark came in with its lowest rating in the weight category, scoring just 7.4. Some users thought carrying the vacuum up and down stairs was daunting. As for maneuverability, some said the swivel steering made it difficult to angle the vacuum the correct way without it straying off path.

The verdict

With its strong performance and multipurpose design, we recommend this vacuum for consumers who are looking for a single vacuum cleaner for all the rooms in their home — especially if they have pets.

1886375499_SharkPick1.JPG.dcef07b9e72cddf5bd2f8115f43785c6.JPG737287432_SharkPick2.JPG.3de18751805f0d759f7bc84336b3e06c.JPG

1425746836_SharkPick3.JPG.06a99287a6468b2debf0cf2308510d89.JPG1059563413_SharkPick4.JPG.0d4f67bd9ba83a891161caafd648179f.JPG

Shark Vacuum Order Summary in Final Receipt.JPG

Jsharr