It was stupid to drive to the store today.

maddmaxx

OMG we're all going to die if we don't have milk and bread and candy bars and shovels and paper towels and salad dressing and..............well, you get the idea.  I volunteered to go get a night light bulb for womaxx for a christmas decoration.

It's going to snow in a while and we're all going to die.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

33 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

OMG we're all going to die if we don't have milk and bread and candy bars and shovels and paper towels and salad dressing and..............well, you get the idea.  I volunteered to go get a night light bulb for womaxx for a christmas decoration.

It's going to snow in a while and we're all going to die.

You forgot the ice cream sandwiches.  Back out you go!  :) 

• Heart 4

18 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Been there!

But once, when I was 16, I had a one year-old brother who needed milk.  The corner stores had been closed for days, there was a couple feet of snow on the ground, and in the dark evening mom handed me $5 (in 1966) and, with two high school friends (including the late Mike Meros, who became a backup musician for the Beach Boys for decades), we went trudging off through the snow in search of an open store.

We walked a few miles and three supermarkets and all the corner stores we checked-out were closed.  Then, on the main highway, a few miles from my house, we spied a milk truck that had pulled over into the slow lane - which was closed and used by the plows to push the snow.

The truck's driver was making money by selling milk for 3-4 times its normal price.  I had $5 and explained we had walked 3 miles in the snow trying to keep my baby brother alive. Since I had no choice, I handed over the $5 and asked for all the milk that would buy. He cut us a break - I think he still charged us double - but he put some quarts and pints and half-pints in three bags.  We returned to my home freezing but grinning from ear to ear at our very lucky experience with enough milk to last until things returned to normal.

I remind my brother of that story every time he gives me a strange look when I ask for a favor!

You forgot to mention it was up hill both ways.