Automatic Deposits

Dottleshead

It's payday today and it's now 1:40 a.m. PST.  Usually automatic deposit drops by now but it hasn't yet.  In fact, last week I was up until 2:00 a.m. and it hadn't dropped then either. So for whatever reason, the software is delayed.  It tells me the batch systems are running large jobs because our stuff should have been deposited right now.  But why the large, delayed jobs when the economy is hokey?  What are these large jobs?  I don't get it.  Some of the government stimulus checks come today but most start coming next week.

So I have one simple question for you -- where's my cashola?  @maddmaxx did you take it?  Because I just want to let you know -- my wife's gonna be pissed. 

2 minutes ago, Jon KITguy said:

Much thanks to American friends for opening up such program as your govermant loans.  Most friends of me are holding American passports in hopes of retiring there if Kazakhstan wants pound of flesh.  We qualify good.  Sorry your system slow now Mr Dottles.  If you give your number for cost of shipping I can fix you up good with fast Kazakhstan system, not carrying excess Msoft gutless programs.

Sure thing.  Let me throw in a couple credit card numbers and a SSN too.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

Finally it has come!  2:40 a.m.

I honestly couldn't tell you when or even how much gets deposited to my bank at payday :(

We are twice a month - 15th and last day - and I think they get it in that day. 

Way better than the old days of actual checks, and then, even with direct deposit, a paper pay stub.  Yuck.  I had years of those in the file cabinet before finally shredding them all :cheerleader:

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I honestly couldn't tell you when or even how much gets deposited to my bank at payday :(

We are twice a month - 15th and last day - and I think they get it in that day. 

Way better than the old days of actual checks, and then, even with direct deposit, a paper pay stub.  Yuck.  I had years of those in the file cabinet before finally shredding them all :cheerleader:

I can give you a good guess for the amount when WoBG and I get paid on the 15th and last day of the month.  

Last year when we were packing I found ALL of our check stubs, credit card bills, and just about any bill we had accumulated over 30+ years.   My shredder would overheat after about 20 minutes and quit for about 1 hour.  My redneck solution, (no I didn't burn them) I took my mini vacuum and hooked it up to be a blower, and position the tube to air cool the shredder motor.   It still took HOURS to shred everything.  (We wanted recycle all of that paper.)

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

It tells me the batch systems are running large jobs because our stuff should have been deposited right now.

Hmmm the system probably is still running COBOL and you should be glad you are still getting any payment at all. 

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

(We wanted recycle all of that paper.)

Yep - a burn pile would be faster.

I also don't know that recycling even accepts the shredded paper. I put it out with the regular recycling, it disappears, but not sure what happens at the processing plant. :( My guess is they chuck it in the waste bucket.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Dottles, it almost sounds like "check kiting," where a business delays paying so it can get a little more interest on the money.

For example, I have several stock DRIP's where they will take money out of my checking account when I buy more stock, but they'll only mail a paper check when I sell stock - that way they're collecting interest while the check's in the mail.

4 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I can give you a good guess for the amount when WoBG and I get paid on the 15th and last day of the month.  

Last year when we were packing I found ALL of our check stubs, credit card bills, and just about any bill we had accumulated over 30+ years.   My shredder would overheat after about 20 minutes and quit for about 1 hour.  My redneck solution, (no I didn't burn them) I took my mini vacuum and hooked it up to be a blower, and position the tube to air cool the shredder motor.   It still took HOURS to shred everything.  (We wanted recycle all of that paper.)

I used 30 gallon plastic bags in which I put the old paperwork plus water and bleach. Shake it up and let it sit for a few days. It becomes a blob. Drain the fluid out and throw the bag in the trash.

I still have my first pay stub from 1968 somewhere. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Dottles, it almost sounds like "check kiting," where a business delays paying so it can get a little more interest on the money.

For example, I have several stock DRIP's where they will take money out of my checking account when I buy more stock, but they'll only mail a paper check when I sell stock - that way they're collecting interest while the check's in the mail.

I think real "check kiting" is against the law and is much more nefarious than holding a day or two to get more interest.

Sometimes it gets to me as late as 6 am.   I don't worry about it, so long as I get it on payday.  It has never been late.  I did work for a company that bounced all the checks on payday once.  accounting dept did something wrong and everyone got paid a little late.  That was about 30 years ago.  It didn't affect me so much, because they paid me my bank fees back.  I had an emergency fund back then and I paid my rent with emergency funds. 

Usually, my check comes the day before payday.

Speaking of fed money.  Mine is gonna be delayed.  I got our tax refund by paper check.  My previous auto deposit account got closed.  I heard they will have a way for me to update that.  Couly fund it when I looked a couple days ago.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Right?  I was thinking that myself but then I was afraid I'd be accused of being cynical.   :)