So the house down the street from me sold in less than 3 days

Dottleshead

My son is putting his house on the market this week. I would have liked to have seen him just build an addition on the house he has. He has an amazing house, he just needs more bedrooms. They haven’t found a new house yet but there is a good chance they will be moving to Ohio. Buying and selling houses is scary. 

At least you have the new house and a place to live until it’s ready. When we sold our last houses we thought we were all set with the house we were buying. The mortgage company that our realtor recommended used up the time we had to close on the deal and then said they couldn’t get us a mortgage. We had two weeks before we had to be out of our house and nowhere to go.

• Heart 1

This is great, Dot.  

I expect similar outcome for our little home out here.  

Kinda over the moon with excitement for the new build for us.  This will set us back about a year for retirement, but we are unhappy here.  Tired of this suckfest of a neighborhood. I need space. We won't even be able to see our neighbor's home so well from our windows.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Who listed the house for sale? A national firm? Local boutique that specializes in the market? A local never heard of? Never listed, just sold. The last one would be one of the these "we steal your home" cash buyer at 80% of market for quick flip an minimal fix-up. Next to last is "any offer is a good offer - we should take it" KA-GHING, I got a paycheck.

20 yers ago we had a little 20 acre horse farm.  Our agent convinced us that splitting it into 2 10 acre pieces, one with house and barn and one just land would be best.  I wrote up the property dimensions of each piece and we listed the house on a Tuesday evening.  A neighbor saw the sign on Wednesday morning and we had a showing that evening and an offer Thursday morning on the house and 10 acres.  They told other friends and Friday evening a young family came wandering in the driveway with one of my property drawings.  I showed them the property and we had an offer by Saturday afternoon.  By Monday we had signed agreements on both 10 acre pieces.

Another time I was doing a For Sale By Owner.  First step get the posthole digger out and put a sign up.  I did that on a Saturday morning.  I put the posthole digger away and went in to wash my hands.  I didn't even have my hands wet yet when the phone rang.  It was a buyers agent on her sell phone saying she was just driving past and noticed our sign and wanted to show our house to her buyer.  That sale didn't happen but the timing was interesting.  Maybe 5 minutes.

• Awesome 1

The market is going gangbusters in SoCal too.  My SIL is talking to their agent about buying  a $800K house nearby.  They just bought their condo  just under a year ago but they got the friends & family discounts on numerous upgrades (good to have family in the trades...) and can flip it for about 150K more than they paid for it.  

My daughter doesn’t want to move again but it could be a pretty good move for them.  We’ll see...

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The market is going gangbusters in SoCal too.  My SIL is talking to their agent about buying  a $800K house nearby.  They just bought their condo  just under a year ago but they got the friends & family discounts on numerous upgrades (good to have family in the trades...) and can flip it for about 150K more than they paid for it.  

My daughter doesn’t want to move again but it could be a pretty good move for them.  We’ll see...

That's kinda where we are at only about 3 years. We want to sell and get as far away from Seattle as we can on the west side. Whatcom County is having a housing crisis too but everything is at least $100k less.

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Again we are 5-6: weeks out but really hoping something like that happens.

Do you start packing stuff in storage ASAP and paint, clean, and stage soon?  Get the best photographer you can.  Ping @Tizeye for realistic expectations and maybe costs.