The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

25D4B11C-D7BD-4C3F-9C10-3B6FA65C09F5.thumb.jpeg.0a457d5d4b94766ba36c965922a76b7e.jpeg

I had an animal come out of the cornfield up ahead of me and start running up the road same direction. It wasn’t a deer but I couldn’t tell what it was. Maybe a calf or a burro. It kept running and running never looking back. Finally I spoke to it telling if that it didn’t need to be afraid of me. Then it stopped and looked at me. It was a Great Dane. I’ll be glad when I can see again. 
Later in the ride I changed the route and the direction a bit and I had forgotten about the two heelers that chased me last time. Last time I was going the other direction and it was a downgrade. I out ran them. This time I was climbing and as I heard them bark I knew I was in trouble. Enter sprint mode, they were gaining on me but we were getting far from their farm. I felt one of them try to bite my heel but he slipped off and gave up. When you are wearing lobster claws a can of HALT is useless. Maybe I’ll skip that road until it gets warm enough to wear half finger gloves and I can educate those dogs.

:check:

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Wow, that’s crazy. Do you sleep good after one of those? I think I would arraign for a massage following

Not always, but I did this time.  My main disappointment was not being able to get a burger after we got back to the hotel.  I did get a decent pizza from a local place. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

That’s cold, any water will be frozen. I’ve been riding when it’s in the 30°s but I haven’t been out below freezing.

I avoid riding when there could be ice or snow on the road. Many years ago I was riding when it was 50°F and the recent snow had dried - I thought. Going down the north side of a hill I found out the hard way that there was still ice on the road.

• Heart 1

On 12/6/2021 at 1:33 PM, MoseySusan said:

My YTD Garmin miles. I’m not sure how many I already reported at the beginning of this thread. 

@MoseySusan, do you think you could figure out how many of these miles have already been reported?  We would like to add your miles to our total, but don't want to report the same mileage twice.  If you can't exactly be sure, a fairly accurate estimate would suffice.  Much thanks.   :)

37 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

@MoseySusan, do you think you could figure out how many of these miles have already been reported?  We would like to add your miles to our total, but don't want to report the same mileage twice.  If you can't exactly be sure, a fairly accurate estimate would suffice.  Much thanks.   :)

I’ll search the early pages of this thread. 
Do you want hiking/walking miles and time in the gym, too. I don’t always remember to set my Garmin, but I’ll settle for what’s been recorded. 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 2

Current totals less Susan's inputs which will be included soon.  Just three more weeks to go.  50K cycling seems out of our reach.  But @az_cyclist has had a great and impressive year!    adore.gif.c51924133d10ea35c332b8baba695c9b.gif   

Also, @Mr Beanz has been a great rider and contributor to this thread all year long. 

Much thanks to all here who have participated!  :)

Cycling

Miles

Running

Miles

Walking

Miles

Skiing / SS

Miles
Hours

Gym / Other

33:42

Hrs/min

• Thank You 2
  • Awesome 1

37 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

You've already added in 3.12 walking miles and 11.97 cycling miles from January.

My Garmin numbers...

YTD walking:  149.8 miles

YTD gym time: 33 hours 19 min

So just to be sure, subtracting the previous reports, the current miles/time to be added is:

149.8 - 3.12 = 146.68 miles walking

33 hours 19 min - gym 

941.50 - 11.97 = 929.53 miles cycling

Correct?  These numbers will be added to the total.  Let me know if anything is wrong.

BTW, we round off cycling miles to the nearest whole number and walking miles to the nearest tenth.  :) 

• Thank You 1