What sex position is being depicted on Sicily's flag?

Mr. Silly
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

Wow!  The "triskelion" or "triskeles" 3-legged symbol is new to me.

A quick Google search shows it's been in existence since the Stone Age and no one is quite sure what it symbolizes.

One reference that makes plausible sense: "The triskeles was adopted as emblem by the rulers of Syracuse [Sicily, a Greek-speaking, Greek-controlled island way back]. It is possible that this usage is related with the Greek name of the island of Sicily, Trinacria (Τρινακρία "having three headlands"). The Sicilian triskeles is shown with the head of Medusa at the center. The ancient symbol has been re-introduced in modern flags of Sicily since 1848." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskelion)

In any case, it's seems insane to me to pick something like that as a flag: it was probably meant by the people of Sicily to stick-it to the Italian mainland, pointing out that the Sicilians are unique among Italians and the three legs and Medusa's head in their flag point out their Greek origins.

I haven't been there, but I've been to Crete and the people there make it clear they consider themselves Cretans first, Greeks second.  I understand it's the same among Sicilians.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Can you just go ahead and mark my first response as correct?

It is quite obvious that the flag is promoting three ways and helicopter dick.

Jerry's answer funnier and Dr. Mickin's was probably most accurate but I'll give it to you for your shameless begging.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Jerry's answer funnier and Dr. Mickin's was probably most accurate but I'll give it to you for your shameless begging.

You are correct.  Please mark Jerry as the solution and note that I did noted the flags with triskets or whatever first, so there! 

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You are correct.  Please mark Jerry as the solution and note that I did noted the flags with triskets or whatever first, so there! 

Since you were to first to call them triskelion's, I flag that one as the solution.  Dr. Micken would not have been able to do his research if he didn't know what the damned thing was called.