Leaves

maddmaxx

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

then you should post a before and after picture of your wallet instead.

My wallet might actually come out better off.  Last year this job put me in PT for two months 2 days a week at $40 copay per visit for shoulder problems.  It may be a case of "you can pay me now or pay me more later".

• Awesome 1

I told my cousin this week, when she complained about neighbors' trees' leaves, that when I had a lot of leaves before cutting my trees down, I would wait until most had fallen and then ran over them with a mulching lawnmower.

On one of the PBS gardening shows, it was said that chopping up dead leaves with a lawnmower was a great way of fertilizing your lawn.

8 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I told my cousin this week, when she complained about neighbors' trees' leaves, that when I had a lot of leaves before cutting my trees down, I would wait until most had fallen and then ran over them with a mulching lawnmower.

On one of the PBS gardening shows, it was said that chopping up dead leaves with a lawnmower was a great way of fertilizing your lawn.

Why would anyone want to fertilize their lawn? That will just make it grow faster.

• Haha 2

This thread title keeps making me think of Walt Whitman, but it is snot Leaves of Grass, it is Blades of Grass. :D

No, fuck, it IS Leaves of Grass!  I thought so!  Weird phrase!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaves_of_Grass

So that and his bridge are the sum total of my Walt Whitman knowledge, which is sad to say for a Jerseyite.  But I* do like Walt Wit. :D  And could the cheesesteak wit be an homage to Walt?

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I don’t think so but maybe the sampler chocolates are?

They are from Philly so there could be a connection!  My wife got me one last Christmas because she knows it is a tradition in my fambly.  Now owned by Russell Stover. :(  But Lindt owns Russel Stover so that they are at least Swiss is encouraging I spose!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitman's

• Awesome 1

I have a sweet gum tree that is still hanging on to some leaves. I had things pretty well cleaned up last weekend but the the wind and the gum tree conspired to spread just enough leaves to irritate me.

I'll get over it.

At least there weren't any gum balls this year, those things are a real pain in the ass.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Is that where gum balls come from? I always thought they were made in a candy factory. I only see them in machines near the exit of grocery stores.

Did you ever have to deal with gum balls?

The most dangerous tree in the suburbs | American Orchard

step on them with bare feet and you will bleed. They sink into the dirt and raking them up is a pita, they take forever to rot and are damn near fire proof.

1 minute ago, Further said:

Did you ever have to deal with gum balls?

The most dangerous tree in the suburbs | American Orchard

step on them with bare feet and you will bleed. They sink into the dirt and raking them up is a pita, they take forever to rot and are damn near fire proof.

Those look like they would be a pain in the ass. I suggest you wipe with something else.

I have seen those on the bike trail. They evidently are not strong enough to give you a flat tire like the goat heads do.