I am in serious trouble.

Digital_photog

I received a call from Amazon.

"We are calling to inform you that a charge of $377.11 was made to your account.  If you didn't authorize this transaction you must call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx to reverse the charge and cancel the transaction.  We will need your credit card information to process this reversal. You must call in the next 10 minutes."

I guess I'm screwed.  The call came in over an hour ago.  Now I can't give theme my credit card info to reverse the transaction.

If they already have my information to make the transaction why do I need to give it again to reverse it.  Maybe I should have called and messed with them. :scratchhead:

• Haha 1

A couple of weeks ago I got a similar call which was just a few dollars off of a purchase that I made the day before. After panicking for a few seconds, I remembered that Amazon does not make phone calls. I went to my Amazon home page and made sure that there wasn't any issues.

Sometimes I do have problems with payments. If I make more than one purchase in a day and use my credit card bonus points on the first one, Amazon has issues with the second purchase and I receive an email. Easy fix but it wouldn't happen if I remembered to not use my bonus points on the second purchase.

I also get similar calls about AT&T but they are easier to ignore as I don't use AT&T for anything.

Reminds me that I got a letter from the EDD (state unemployment agency) that I applied for unemployment benefit… I need to call them & let them know it’s fraudulent.  

i also found it interesting that the address on the EDD letter was not my address, it was 4 houses up the street but I still got the letter?

• Heart 1

My uncle,  supposedly really smart,  was on the city council at one time,  supposedly expert political advisor  😄😃😄, got a call last year.  Some girl crying help me grandpa,  I've been in an accident.  Some guy takes the phone from her saying it's her lawyer and needs 8 grand to bail her out.  Uncle says he only has so much in cash so the guy tells him to go to Walmart (?) And purchase gift cards in increments of $50. He does then sends them.  I forget all the details but he got taken for 4 grand.  His granddaughter was not the gal who called. 🤓

• Sad 2

On 12/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, it’s clearly in the tree. At least fully under. But not through.

To be clear, some prepositions define direction and some define location. The driver is steering his car into a tunnel located inside a tree, and at the time of the photo, the car is located inside of the tunnel beneath the full height of the tree as it passes through. 

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Reminds me that I got a letter from the EDD (state unemployment agency) that I applied for unemployment benefit… I need to call them & let them know it’s fraudulent.  

i also found it interesting that the address on the EDD letter was not my address, it was 4 houses up the street but I still got the letter?

Was it in your name or the name of the poor schlub 4 houses up, who is wondering why his claim was denied....

4 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

"We are calling to inform you that a charge of $377.11 was made to your account.  If you didn't authorize this transaction you must call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx to reverse the charge and cancel the transaction.  We will need your credit card information to process this reversal. You must call in the next 10 minutes."

Most definitely a scam.

I know for a fact the amount charged to your card was $371.71.