Speaking of countertops

Dirtyhip

How much stuff do you keep out on them?  

We are the kind of people that likes their counters empty.  The bathroom counters have nothing on it, except for a soap dish.  The spare bath has soap and a hand lotion bottle, so guests don't have to ask or search the medicine cab.

The kitchen is another matter.  I do have some stuff out.  I used to have an appliance pantry for some of it but I keep some things out as to prevent lifting it and moving it back and forth.  I love my marble mortar and pestle and this beautiful butter bell that sits out.  Mostly the counter is pretty open.  I like that clean look.  We don't have much clutter.  Don't look in our spare room closet though.  :D

Does your home have clutter or is it sleek and spotless?    

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It depends...

After we clean, then things are very close to spotless.   Things get cluttered more lived in after a while.  Then we clean again.   The cycle repeats... 

6 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

too damn much.  In the shower there are probably 10 containers of stuff.    1 of them is my shampoo bottle.

We have about 4 containers of stuff in the shower.  Shampoo, cond, face wash, and shaving cream.  One bar of homemade soap on the shower rack thing.  

My second bath has more fancy toiletries for baths.  I keep them in the medicine cabinet when I am not using them. 

• Heart 1

Mostly uncluttered. Kitchen counters have necessary utensils in containers for quick access. A bread basket, a toaster and a roll of paper towels. A rolling pin is mounted under a cabinet. Bathroom has a cup for drinking, toothbrush, and a waterpic. If company is coming, I’ll stash the toothbrush and waterpic. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Mostly uncluttered. Kitchen counters have necessary utensils in containers for quick access. A bread basket, a toaster and a roll of paper towels. A rolling pin is mounted under a cabinet. Bathroom has a cup for drinking, toothbrush, and a waterpic. If company is coming, I’ll stash the toothbrush and waterpic. 

Love the rolling pin idea.  Is it Julia approved?  

I do have a cup in the bath.  I forgot that.  It's better than drinking off the faucet like a cat.  :D

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

That sounds stressful to deal with,  

That's an understatement.  But we have learned to accept it and not let it become a point of contention.  Sr. wife does occasionally go on a cleaning frenzy or needs to vent, we make it work.  We have actually gotten rid of a bunch of our stuff to make room.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, denniS said:

I have too much shit in too small of a place. I have bike tires in the living room, bedroom, and kitchen. 

You do what you gonna do. I see nothing wrong with that; you’re living better than people here in million dollar homes and drive fancy cars in bumper to bumper traffic 😂

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

You do what you gonna do. I see nothing wrong with that; you’re living better than people here in million dollar homes and drive fancy cars in bumper to bumper traffic 😂

My GF is in the same boat. I think there are 9 sets of skis in her garage. Many bikes and more climbing gear than you'll find at REI. I don't have to worry about anyone giving me grief. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

How much stuff do you keep out on them?  

We are the kind of people that likes their counters empty.  The bathroom counters have nothing on it, except for a soap dish.  The spare bath has soap and a hand lotion bottle, so guests don't have to ask or search the medicine cab.

The kitchen is another matter.  I do have some stuff out.  I used to have an appliance pantry for some of it but I keep some things out as to prevent lifting it and moving it back and forth.  I love my marble mortar and pestle and this beautiful butter bell that sits out.  Mostly the counter is pretty open.  I like that clean look.  We don't have much clutter.  Don't look in our spare room closet though.  :D

My counter is cluttered! On the section between my stove/hood-microwave and sink, there's a coffee pot, coffee grinder, a basket for large cooking spoons & spatulas & etc., salt and pepper shakers, and dish detergent next to the sink.  On the section between the sink and refrigerator there's a toaster, Instant Pot, spice rack, and some items I often use but for which I don't have a lot of convenient storage room including a colander and two microwave splatter covers.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1