Need a cannon update

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by bikeman564™,

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

It works well.  But I have only used it in limited quantities because the wife was "helping" me.  She is at work tomorrow so maybe I can use it without her "assistance". 

Was she wearing her Maker's Mark bikini?  I can see why you had to switch from your cannon to your gun.....

• Haha 2

This was one of the last updates to the cannon.  It's the Dahlgren cannon used circa mid 1800's.  Being smooth as opposed to having ridges and bands there were fewer stress risers where cracks and failures could occur.  It was mostly used in fixed emplacements and as naval cannon of large sizes.

USSPassaicTurret.jpg

• Heart 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:24 PM, jsharr said:

from @Parr8hed!

Did you put on your Jack Daniels speedo and get out your foam cannon and clean up the one fiddy?

Bring the foam cannon cause a buddy and I are talking about an all guy speedo car was.. gonna name it studs and suds. 

• Haha 2

I am happy to announce, it is back in business after 20 years. 

I grew up with this and it was heard all over the lower mainland in BC.  Loved it when I was living aboard my boat in Coal Harbour as it signalled the go home time for my boat partiers. :) 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/local-news/stanley-parks-9-oclock-gun-is-back-in-action-following-black-powder-shortage-5112639

• Heart 2

56 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am happy to announce, it is back in business after 20 years. 

I grew up with this and it was heard all over the lower mainland in BC.  Loved it when I was living aboard my boat in Coal Harbour as it signalled the go home time for my boat partiers. :) 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/local-news/stanley-parks-9-oclock-gun-is-back-in-action-following-black-powder-shortage-5112639

Lots of people will sleep better knowing this............... or not.