So I interviewed for another job

Parr8hed

I worked the equipment side of home dialysis for a couple of years. I met some very interesting people. The one's who signed up to do their own care tended to be a lot different from the in clinic patients. A lot more interesting on the whole. 

• Heart 1

So what is the protocol here?  I interviewed on Tuesday.  Today is Thursday.  I am not chomping at the bits here, just curious on when and if I reach back out to them.  Keep in mind that the interviewer is a good friend of mine.  I am not saying that I have the job 100% (or even 80%) but I would honestly be a little surprised if I did not get an offer.  

Do I reach out today and just ask how she felt the interview went?  Do I wait until next week?  Do I wait for her to make the next move?

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

So what is the protocol here?  I interviewed on Tuesday.  Today is Thursday.  I am not chomping at the bits here, just curious on when and if I reach back out to them.  Keep in mind that the interviewer is a good friend of mine.  I am not saying that I have the job 100% (or even 80%) but I would honestly be a little surprised if I did not get an offer.  

Do I reach out today and just ask how she felt the interview went?  Do I wait until next week?  Do I wait for her to make the next move?

You should have had next steps on both sides agreed to before you left the meeting...  Their expectations communicated to you and your expectation and understanding communicated to them.

• Heart 2

I would follow up with an email, text or phone call Friday.

About 3 months ago, I recommended a friend to a company looking to fill a long term position.  Great job, great employer.  My friend had an interview and I heard back from both parties as to how each was impressed by the other.  

The employer sent an email offer and never received a response.  After 30 days, he called me to ask what happened to the applicant.  I said I would check and followed up with a call to her.  She then said, I never heard from them and did not receive an offer. 

I took that back to the employer who looked into it and said awe crap, it is stuck in my outbox.   

Moral, don't wait for communications, be the communicator. 

Long and short, the applicant lost a good opportunity and the employer lost a great potential employee. 

• Heart 1

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

awesome, congrats

You guys be sure and keep it on the downlow.  They interviewed a couple of other RN's that work here as well and they wanted to make sure to be able to tell them before I announced that I was leaving. I don't think that they are on here but you never know?

• Heart 3

9 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

You guys be sure and keep it on the downlow.  They interviewed a couple of other RN's that work here as well and they wanted to make sure to be able to tell them before I announced that I was leaving. I don't think that they are on here but you never know?

Okay, you can't go from asking about protocol to a new job announcement.  We need details man!  Did you email them or call them, send them a little cash?  Inquiring minds!  

• Heart 2

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Okay, you can't go from asking about protocol to a new job announcement.  We need details man!  Did you email them or call them, send them a little cash?  Inquiring minds!  

I just sent my friend a text and asked her how I did on the interview.  Said that even if I didn't get this position then I would have to interview again in the future and would like pointers. She called back and talked to me, said it was on her agenda she just had not gotten to it yet. 

39 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Congratulations. How far from home?  What hours?

Downtown Louisville is main office.  There are a few further clinics, but I would mainly be at Louisville.  20 ish miles away.  Hours are 8 ish to 4 ish M-F. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1