A Broken Neck?!?!?

Razors Edge

How did I miss mention of that on the Tour coverage????

Daniel Oss broke his neck when he collided with a fan! Back on stage 5, at that.  Cobbles suck in a Grand Tour.

Cyclist Daniel Oss has been forced to retire from this year’s Tour de France with a broken neck after he collided with spectators. 

The Team TotalEnergies rider crashed into fans at high speed while they were lined up along a cobbled street during Stage 5 between Lille and Arenberg. 

Footage shows Oss getting knocked off balance after clipping one fan before colliding with another who is leaning out to film the race on a phone.

First I heard of it, but then again, I am in Texas, the home of Juneteenth, so late arriving news is nothing new.

When will the tour have to fence off the entire route?  Accidents happen every year.

Also, when will they publically hang the Segafredo soigneur?  I hope that USA and HULU cover that.

I've been trying to avoid midday coverage until I can see the recap later in the day, but I saw an article about it on CNN the afternoon it happened.  I was surprised there was no mention of it on the recap show.  I still haven't seen a video clip (if there is one), and I guess I don't really know who was at fault (sounds like the fan(s), though, given how the above is written)

2 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

I've been trying to avoid midday coverage until I can see the recap later in the day, but I saw an article about it on CNN the afternoon it happened.  I was surprised there was no mention of it on the recap show.  I still haven't seen a video clip (if there is one), and I guess I don't really know who was at fault (sounds like the fan(s), though, given how the above is written)

I was wondering why a clip wasn’t going viral. 

I didn’t realize how much the whole being on Pacific time and the new NBC Sports packages would affect my access, but it has been a challenge! I finally got caught up on Saturday. Glad today was a rest day! I did miss most coverage of stage 5.