Dog boots

Longjohn

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Anytime we put boots on an animal it was funny to watch them walk but they didn’t like them.

100% my experience.  Adorably cute to see them "robot" walk and then, one by one, work them off their feet.

My sister had success with her border collie, but he was out doing long runs with her and definitely needed the protection. 

• Thank You 1

Our vet had us convinced that our Scottish Terrier (Dexter) had a condition that made his nails brittle. This was after he broke one in a pavement crack while we were walking him. So, we got boots for him to protect his nails. He was not a fan of them! ...and he never broke another nail.

• Heart 1

In my experience, they twist on the dog's feet, and the dogs just don't take to them.  All of the people I have talked to about them (maybe 4?) will put them on a few times and then give up.  The gf tried this with the family dog a couple of winters back, despite the repeated warnings and foretellings of doom.

At any rate, dog paws seem to handle cold pretty well.  It is only when ice balls form in their pads that there is ever trouble.

12 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Adorably cute to see them "robot" walk and then, one by one, work them off their feet.

This was how it worked for our dogs too. 

I just found this. I won't buy them. But I sure looks like it would be difficult to work the boots off their feet. 

link

• Haha 1

I got boots for our dog back in the day. After a while he was ok with them. Yes, he'd lose one once in a while so we would backtrack to find it. It was good to know he wasn't developing snowballs on the underside of his feet. 

Jax will be in your yard. If he loses a shoe, you'll be able to find it.