The Road Runner 2024 SWC Mileage Thread

bikeman564™

23 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That sign behind you, did you just climb a steep hill with a lot of rubble on it or is it a dirty sign?

It looks like it might have been a "Watch for fallen rocks" sign.

• Thank You 1

Misjudged the weather when I left the house in bike shorts. Fierce headwind, I almost turned around. Decided to ride over to the Amish bakery for a cinnamon roll and a cup of coffee to warm up. Had a good chat and then headed up the road to see why the bridge has been closed for years. It was barricaded but I didn’t see anything wrong with it. Lifted my bike over the chest high barricade and crossed the bridge. Over the other barricade and rode on home. Only 10 cold windy miles. Better weather is coming.

• Heart 2

35 miles on the Stradalli. Beautiful morning. I prefer Sunday morning traffic to Saturday but have things going on tomorrow. It was good to get out! The whole car episode meant I couldn’t take the bike to work this week. 

IMG_2578.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

@groupw how do you like AZ living?

Overall, I like it a lot! July and August can be pretty rough, but you still can get out first thing in the morning and get in a ride before the heat sets in for the day. 

8 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

yes, he posts the most miles

It's interesting though.  I could spend 4-5 hours on my bike and not pedal the hour straight through like i have to on the stationary bike.  I mean, there's no coasting going on or riding the momentum.  In that sense, stationary riding forces one to pedal through for as long as you are on the bike. It's also hella lot boring too.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dottleshead said:

It's interesting though.  I could spend 4-5 hours on my bike and not pedal the hour straight through like i have to on the stationary bike.  I mean, there's no coasting going on or riding the momentum.  In that sense, stationary riding forces one to pedal through for as long as you are on the bike. It's also hella lot boring too.

true, I didn't use my trainer at all last year, or this year. I think I'm finally done with it because of boredom.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

3/7/24. 51.3 miles on the group ride this morning. Pleasant morning with an aggressive pace. We stayed at the coffee stop too long then got caught in a rain storm in the last 7 miles. I was soaked and shivering when I got home.

100_2514_Original.jpeg

100_2517_Original.jpeg

• Heart 4