Lunch specials

BR46

29 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I took advantage of the lunch special at one corner bars for lunch today. I had a 1/4 pound cheese burger, home made chips and a pint of Mcfleshmans hefeweizen.

Total cost $8.07

One beer is $9 in most bars/restaurants here.  :(

• Sad 2

I had a lunch malfunction today.  I had some leftover chicken and beef that I combined and weighed it.  Shit, 12 Oz (my limit is 15 oz).  I pulled 1/2 out and packed my lunch.  But I thought damn, that didn’t seem like 12 Oz.

As I’m getting ready I thought, WOChrisL uses the scale, I wonder if she accidentally adjusted the measurement setting.  Before I left I turned on the scale & sure enough, it was set to grams & not oz! 

My lunch was already in my car so I’ll make up my protein deficit at dinner! 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

37 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

One beer is $9 in most bars/restaurants here.  :(

Most beers are any where from 3 or 4 dollars and craft beers are 5 to 7 dollars 

There was a special on the Mcfleshmans hefeweizen for 2 bucks. How can you pass up a deal like that. 

• Heart 2
  • Yum 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

I took advantage of the lunch special at one corner bars for lunch today. I had a 1/4 pound cheese burger, home made chips and a pint of Mcfleshmans hefeweizen.

Total cost $8.07

I need fiber to get my stomach back to normal after being whacked by diabetic meds.

It's getting better as the week moves along.

So I had Amy's Tomato Bisque Soup with some Ritz Crackers for lunch.

Tonight will be a homemade 1/4 pound hamburger with lots of green beans and stewed tomatoes.

• Heart 2

37 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I need fiber to get my stomach back to normal after being whacked by diabetic meds.

It's getting better as the week moves along.

So I had Amy's Tomato Bisque Soup with some Ritz Crackers for lunch.

Tonight will be a homemade 1/4 pound hamburger with lots of green beans and stewed tomatoes.

Hey Mick, I’m not sure conventional wisdom will work with Mounjaro.  I’d stock up on Tums or Peptol… 

14 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

what's a bottle of heineken in NY? Around here its between $3.50-4.00

$9.  Pretty standard for imports that have no hoity-toityness, and $1 more than standards like Miller, Bud, other crap beers (although I am happy drinking a Miller if that is what is in front of me).  $14 for a six from a grocery store if you'd like to have it at home.  I do happen to have some Heineken at home, the gf asked me to get some right before the breakup.  It'll probably sit until I have company here.

Some places will charge $10 for it when they try to keep the riff-raff out.

• Sad 1

This 3-course" lunch" deal at an Italian local restaurant, Pucinella's ...which became dually lunch-supper for me @$22.00CAN.  I went twice within 2 wks. for different friends. The pasta was big enough.  I chose the lst course arancini which had saffron arborio rice inside which gave it a lovely flavour.  Both times, went to restaurant after 3:00 pm.

lst time- I chose the veal tortellini,  2nd time- gnocchi

image.thumb.png.3354517d5afcbb04b8bd253cf2433e07.png

mealdeal1.jpg

mealdeal2.jpg

mealdeal3.jpg

• Yum 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

$9.  Pretty standard for imports that have no hoity-toityness, and $1 more than standards like Miller, Bud, other crap beers (although I am happy drinking a Miller if that is what is in front of me).  $14 for a six from a grocery store if you'd like to have it at home.  I do happen to have some Heineken at home, the gf asked me to get some right before the breakup.  It'll probably sit until I have company here.

Some places will charge $10 for it when they try to keep the riff-raff out.

The GF drinks Heineken? Classy. First time BCC & I went out, she ordered a Heineken after I did.

5 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

The GF drinks Heineken? Classy

Ha!  It generally isn't a top choice for me, but she liked Stella and Dos Equis and occasionally Heineken.

I do like Dos Equis as a standard non-craft sessiony beer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ha!  It generally isn't a top choice for me, but she liked Stella and Dos Equis and occasionally Heineken.

I like Dos Equis as a standard non-craft sessiony beer.

I've had Stella few times, tap & bottle. It's good. I never tried Dos Equis.  Funny thing about Heineken is, there is no other beer that I found that's similar.  A somewhat close second choice IMO is Molson Canadian. It's available in the Detroit area.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I've had Stella few times, tap & bottle. It's good. I never tried Dos Equis.  Funny thing about Heineken is, there is no other beer that I found that's similar.  A somewhat close second choice IMO is Molson Canadian. It's available in the Detroit area.

You are right, Heineken has a distinct flavor.  It has a slight funk/skunkiness that isn't off-putting, I understand why people buy it and get attached to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

You are right, Heineken has a distinct flavor.  It has a slight funk/skunkiness that isn't off-putting, I understand why people buy it and get attached to it.

Yes, and I've been drinking it for years so switching now would be difficult. I do drink other beers, but my go to is Heiny. I do like heiny :D

• Haha 1