Wayside

smudge

Back home in PA there was a bar down the road called the Wayside Inn.  I think it was the only bar for miles around that I never entered.  I went past it daily for years growing up but never set foot in the place.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

Yeah... stop in again.  Corner dive bars are the best.  They're starting to disappear around here, closing one by one.

I don't think young people wander into bars. My generation may be the last :(  I'm 49, and when I was in my early 20's I'd stop into a local bar, which eventually became my "cheers" after work for a beer & a burger. Lots of good times there :) all friendly locals.  I enjoy sitting at the bar casually mingling w/ local folks.

I was chatting w/ a guy at work who is 31, and he's never been to a bar solo. He said his generation typically goes as a group.

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I was chatting w/ a guy at work who is 31, and he's never been to a bar solo. He said his generation typically goes as a group.

I’ve never been a bar person. Ahspose some of the reason is everything is driving distance for me, so it makes no sense.  But the bigger reason is I am not good at striking up conversations with other people. 

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I have had fun times at bars by myself, just posting on the forum the whole time.  Sometimes it is nice just to observe people out in the wild and have a beer whilst foruming.

I've done that a couple times, but I like to sit there device free

• Heart 1