Happy Saturday

Airehead

The Flower City Duathlon is today.  I'm volunteering.  Mr. Aire is participating.  Tomorrow is the Flower City Half.  At this moment, we are both participating.  He is doing the double flower.  I'm a slacker.

What cool things do you have planned?  They have to be better than two days involving running!

• Heart 2

Work this morning (:angry:), then a soccer game in the afternoon (free tickets so I figured we'd check out the new stadium, but I hate soccer!).  Tomorrow the usual relaxation, dog walk, chores, and bike ride.  And laundry - I am at the bottom of my wardrobe. :D

And your right, it is all way better than running, even the work part. :o:blink:

• Heart 1

Chores, and maybe we'll go to the opening of the new show at the art museum on Saturday afternoon.  This is the show that will remain up during the Bucking Horse Sale in late May. They are forecasting rain/snow beginning Saturday night and for the next few days. We are all hoping for more moisture.  The last rains and warm temperatures have allowed the area to move from a brown to a greenish aspect.

• Heart 1

I'm up north at my folks. My Dad's surgery was postponed til Monday. I need to head home later today but first need to build a couple temporary ramps for when he comes home. He will not be able to put any weight on his ankle for six weeks so he will be using a wheel chair. We will probably be back up here next weekend.

I was in the grocery store at 7am.  The dishes were already in the dishwasher.  I'm home now just after 8 and the food is put away pending weekend cooking.  It rained all night and it's foggy this morning so I don't think there will be any yard work beyond planting something in a planter on the deck.  Lazy day scheduled.  Some time in the secret lair and some flying time later with both a helicopter and a drone.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, Rumble_Strip said:

I'm going to mow the grass for first time this year. Sunday we are having a birthday party for my daughter. She turned 3 on Friday.:cheerleader:

Congrats on the kids birthday!

35 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

What SQW said. Airehead Good luck with the runs!

I've got errands and laundry today to get ready for my business trip tomorrow.

As you can probably surmise from the birthday bot, I am going out for a special dinner at a BBQ joint tonight   

Happy Birthday to you!

59 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I was in the grocery store at 7am.

I did this last Sunday.  If we don't go today, I might do it again tomorrow morning.

Good morning 

The little lady and I went for a run this morning. We just finished having a good breakfast and now she is off to visit her mom and I am going to judge a motorcycle show. 

Tonight.....a quiet evening sitting at home. It's our 34th wedding anniversary today. 

• Heart 4

One of my daughter-in-laws in in labor so we will be seeing our fourth grandchild sometime today.

WoJSTL and I walked 5 miles this morning. Now I'm about to go cut the lawn.

Tomorrow will be more grandson'ing. Probably see all four.

Hope to have time to ride at least 40 miles.

• Heart 3

Just returned from getting my driver's license renewed...curled my hair and put make up on ...and soon I will be heading out to ride the loaner bike..it will by my maiden voyage on the touring bike. I did not need to do my hair or put on make up for a bike ride :wacko:  besides...I will be riding with Ian...and he can't see anyway :whistle:

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I see blue skies popping out.  Good news SW.  You can run.

Yup, just got back.

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

One of my daughter-in-laws in in labor so we will be seeing our fourth grandchild sometime today.

Woohoo, congrats!

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

but why would he want to:scratch head:

I ask myself that at mile 1, then again at mile 2.  By mile 3 I feel OK, then the hills start and I get a little silly in the head.  The mile 4 and 5 feel pretty good until the hills starts again.  Then mile 7 comes and it all felt worth it.  I'm happy I ran.

• Heart 1