Would you participate?

Road Runner

I question the veracity of this claim, but I thought it was an interesting concept anyway.  Would you participate in this?  I can't believe that the locals around here would get past maybe 5 or 6 before someone broke the chain.  And if I went to Starbucks (which I don't), the first person to opt out might be me.  How do you know that the next customer isn't making a huge order for his office mates or something?  I would only order one coffee.  Why should I pay for some unknown person's potentially much larger and costlier order?  I don't get it.   :scratchhead:

crOmnkE.jpg

I would no keep it going. I don't get the whole idea of this. I'll pay for what I buy, you should too. And yes, the order behind me could be a $12 "Venti, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, Peppermint White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha with light whip, upside-down, 1 pump of peppermint, 1 and 3/8 pumps vanilla, heavy whip-cream, 3 ice cubes, 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg sprinkled on top, with green sprinkles, light cinnamon dusted on, stirred, with no lid, double cupped, and a straw" as opposed to my $1.49 black cup of joe :mellow:

• Heart 4

No.   If the driver behind me has waived me through ahead out of courtesy or there is a cop behind me, I will pay for their drink but only one drink.  I am not picking up their breakfast or drinks for the office.  Normally I do that with the rewards though.

• Heart 1

If it is a drive thru, you already know how much the order behind you costs if the cashier will tell you, so you would know how much you are on the hook for.

It is kind of a nice thing, but I think it is a big fat lie to claim something like that goes more than a couple of people all on its own.  My verdict is fabrication on a grand scale.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

How do you know the amount to pay for the person behind you?

I would assume that by the time you are picking up and paying for your order, the person behind you has already ordered.

Of course, this leads to another question... Suppose there is a brief lull and no one is behind you?  Unless you could pay in advance using your credit card.   A constant stream of people going though the drive-thru for 11 hours without a break?  Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.  

350 cars from 7 AM to 6 PM.  32 cars per hour, nonstop.   :o