Weekend music

Further

9 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Maybe this is blasphemy but VH's "You Really Got Me" is one of those covers i prefer over the original. 

I have that cover on my phone. When I ride with my wife in the van we just bought the Bluetooth always picks up my playlist over hers. She turns the volume down when this comes on. We have different tastes in music. Her van likes my music better.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

We have different tastes in music.

Why does that always seem to be the the case?  Going to concerts is my favourite thing and we overlap only on a very few things.  I love small and cheap(ish) (I am still amazed that someone like kd lang played the small theater I saw her in last night, as have people like Elvis Costello and Richard Thompson) and she likes the big acts, most of whom I can tolerate (Billy Joe was actually pretty damn good), but I am not a fan of paying a fortune to go to a stadium concert. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Why does that always seem to be the the case?  Going to concerts is my favourite thing and we overlap only on a very few things.  I love small and cheap(ish) (I am still amazed that someone like kd lang played the small theater I saw her in last night, as have people like Elvis Costello and Richard Thompson) and she likes the big acts, most of whom I can tolerate (Billy Joe was actually pretty damn good), but I am not a fan of paying a fortune to go to a stadium concert. 

We had four years in a row that we went to the TransSiberian orchestra concert. That was when they had their kickoff Christmas Tour starting in Youngstown. Our biggest common ground on music we both love is a singer songwriter by the name of Benjamin Fleet. He has never written a song we didn’t like.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Right now I'm watch Iggy Pop doing hard rock on Maryland Public Television after watching Song of the Mountains, featuring several Blue Grass bands - they did a lot of instrumental bridges in the middle of songs featuring some really skilled players on banjo, fiddle, mandolin, and guitar. Before that I had my headphones on, listening to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (a personal favorite which I've played in recital the Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins Univ) and Pathetique Sonata.

I like almost every kind of music.

5ab770da2908f_MickeyMay2006-07impr.jpg.3480f0af3495d7fa40f186f6e5c12b03.jpg

Mickey May,2006-07impr 480x480.jpg

• Heart 2

I was not heretofore familiar with Ms. Wonderland or Ms. Fish.  Great stuff.  

I had to come in to work today and I've enjoyed listening to these clips, and venturing down a few rabbit holes.  Thanks!  :D

.....I have been mostly playing the piano lately, if I've had a few free minutes for some "artistic expression".  I might just be inspired to pick up the guitar again though.

• Heart 1