Old ? Naval mine floating off the coast of Washington.

Further

...reminds me of one of those Japanese survivors they would find on remote Pacific islands for many years after the war ended.

Shōichi Yokoi (横井 庄一 Yokoi Shōichi, March 31, 1915 – September 22, 1997) was a Japanese sergeant in the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA) during the Second World War. He was among the last three Japanese holdouts to be found after the end of hostilities in 1945, discovered in the jungles of Guam on 24 January 1972, almost 28 years after U.S. forces had regained control of the island in 1944.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoichi_Yokoi

My first question was, is it really old, or is it a trojan horse with new evil in an old bottle.  Blow the damn thing up and release a half ton of anthrax or some other toxic shit. 

I questioned the lack of barnacles & such, but one of the comments mentioned the storm in Hawaii, it may have been buried in the sand and set free by the storm. Hope it is old stock.   

1 hour ago, Further said:

My first question was, is it really old, or is it a trojan horse with new evil in an old bottle.  Blow the damn thing up and release a half ton of anthrax or some other toxic shit. 

I questioned the lack of barnacles & such, but one of the comments mentioned the storm in Hawaii, it may have been buried in the sand and set free by the storm. Hope it is old stock.   

Look again at the 1 hour mark of the video.  When the mine is viewed from the sunlight side it has barnacles and rust.  When it's viewed from the shadow side it appears dark and smooth.

On 8/28/2018 at 6:38 PM, Dottles said:

Please note Keyport is a Naval base.  Now I'm beginning to think some yahoo failed to do his job.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/unexploded-mine-floating-in-puget-sound-near-bainbridge-island/281-588493659

Looks like I was right.  It came out of Keyport Naval base.

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/2018/08/30/mysterious-mine-leftover-2005-navy-training-exercise/1145471002/

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

A couple years ago we were doing a course on marine explosives and had some law enforcement guys up from California for a couple weeks.  They actually drove back and had one of those sea mines that had been rendered inert sitting on the back seat of their truck when they went across the border.  Border security looked at it, had no idea they were LEO's and let them through, not knowing what they were looking at.

They forgot it was there until they were in line at the booth.  I wonder if they would get through today?

10 hours ago, Dottles said:

So it was dangerous looking but inert and empty inside?

Sounds a lot like @Kzoo