Is it ever ok for a guy to hit a girl?

ChrisL

There is a video circulating where a guy in LA just hammers two women.  The guy was pretty big and just laid them out. Maybe the women were coming after him, maybe not as I really don’t know the details but the two women got dropped by a couple of wicked shots to the face.

The comments were really interesting though.  Some felt a man should never hit a woman under any circumstances.  Others felt that thinking is reversed sexism and if the guy is in danger they should defend themselves regardless of the gender of the attacker.

Personally I’m adverse to fighting and if I have to resort to violence it’s because all other options have failed and I am in genuine fear for my safety.  Gender doesn’t factor into this rationale one bit. 

Under normal circumstances I would say no, not ever okay, but things like guns, past violence, or other factors could change that.

Girls are now allowed to play football in our school district.  Last year our team played a team with a girl quarterback.  They treated her like another player once it became apparent she was for real.  Ryan told me it felt weird to have to hit a girl, but he did it.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Under normal circumstances I would say no, not ever okay, but things like guns, past violence, or other factors could change that.

Girls are now allowed to play football in our school district.  Last year our team played a team with a girl quarterback.  They treated her like another player once it became apparent she was for real.  Ryan told me it felt weird to have to hit a girl, but he did it.

Many schools allow girls in the wrestling team too.  If the boys want to win the match they gotta get over the it’s a girl mentality.

5 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Remember the Korean who was killed in an airport by being poisoned by two women.  Should he have been allowed to hit them in defense if he had the chance?

I think that puts to bed the idea that "never" under any circumstances is correct.

I bet you would hit this.

Image result for shirley muldowney

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

This thread went in a really weird direction but hey girl drag racers are cool too.  Is Cha Cha still kickin?

Yep.  She still comes to autograph sessions at places like Epping NH.

But earlier in the thread I did indicate it was ok to hit women under some circumstances.  We often take everyday American life as normal but there are places in the world where the next person who tries to hurt you may be a woman.  So it's not an absolute nono IMO

Unless you're a guy who is being seriously physically threatened by a strong woman, I say it's not ok to hit a woman.

But if Ronda Rousey walked up to me and said - like she did recently to an opponent, "You know I could literally kill you," I think I'd throw a punch and then run like hell!

I've coached high school teen girls who could bench over 200 lbs.  Our girls varsity softball and boys varsity baseball teams traveled to away games together and we had an All County pitcher name Jen who would get extremely moody the few times we lost.  When the boys team would win and we'd lose and the guys were laughing and joking on the team bus, Jen would yell, "Shut up! We lost!" and the boys would shut up because they were physically afraid of Jen.

She got a college athletic scholarship to one of the party schools in North Carolina and I lost touch with her afterward.  A few years later I learned she was a stripper at one of the bars around Fort Meade, close to our school.  Our school's football coach invited me to go to the bar with him and check her out but it would have upset me to do it.

• Sad 2

One day on the island the police got a call about a domestic disturbance at a residence.  The policed arrived.  The neighbor said the guy was in the back yard.  The police found the guy in the back yard sitting in a lawn chair.  They started questioning him about the disturbance.  He said it was his wife who was doing the disturbing.  The cops looked at each other, knowingly.  Until the wife came screaming out of the house and tried to wail away at the guy with a broomstick.  The guy already showed signs of being beaten about the head and face.  Cops hauled the wife off.

Whether or not you should hit a woman?  Only if you're losing.

Sure there are times when it's OK for a guy to hit a girl.  If you and said girl are in a verbal argument it is certainly not OK to escalate things and hit her.  IMO if you are threatened and try to calm the situation then it becomes a whole lot easier to justify.  If a female is physically abusing you despite you trying to leave and get away then by all means, have at it.  Especially if there is a weapon involved, i.e. softball bat, broom stick, etc.  Now if a female is physically assaulting one of my kids and I see it?  She is gon  have a bad day.  

If anyone is hitting you, you have the right and expectation that you will defend yourself with force.  If I saw a woman hitting RO, that woman is getting decked as hard as I can.  Similarly, if I saw a woman beating on someone else, I would try to stop that.  

There are crazy people who are women who are actually psychologically disturbed, and they will attack.  There are women who are the ridiculous kind of entitled or stupid or jealous crazy who will attack.  There are women who are simply mean and criminal who will attack.  

Nobody gets a pass because they are one gender or other.  You do your best to steer clear, defuse, calm, whatever, but I have seen plenty that tells me that some people are going to be violent and start up trouble.  From my vantage point, it is just as often the women who will start the hitting.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

If anyone is hitting you, you have the right and expectation that you will defend yourself with force.  If I saw a woman hitting RO, that woman is getting decked as hard as I can.  Similarly, if I saw a woman beating on someone else, I would try to stop that.  

There are crazy people who are women who are actually psychologically disturbed, and they will attack.  There are women who are the ridiculous kind of entitled or stupid or jealous crazy who will attack.  There are women who are simply mean and criminal who will attack.

Yep.  

55 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

One day on the island the police got a call about a domestic disturbance at a residence.  The policed arrived.  The neighbor said the guy was in the back yard.  The police found the guy in the back yard sitting in a lawn chair.  They started questioning him about the disturbance.  He said it was his wife who was doing the disturbing.  The cops looked at each other, knowingly.  Until the wife came screaming out of the house and tried to wail away at the guy with a broomstick.  The guy already showed signs of being beaten about the head and face.  Cops hauled the wife off.

Whether or not you should hit a woman?  Only if you're losing.

“Back in the day” we rolled to a domestic.  House was pretty tore up and woman had signs of trauma so we arrested the guy.  I have him in handcuffs and am walking him out when my partner shouts look out and ducks, guy sees what’s coming and also ducks. ChrisL doesn’t see what’s coming and takes a broomstick across the chest!  (With my body armor on I didn’t even feel it)

Ended up arresting the two of them, the female on much more serious charges...

• Haha 1