Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kzoo

So tell me how you really feel about...

Recommended Posts

... daylight saving time.

I believe it is the best invention since sliced bread - maybe even better than that.

And if you're one of these...

"If a basketball game goes into overtime one Saturday night, I’m fine with staying up later to watch it. Or if I feel like I can squeeze in one more Netflix episode before bed than what’s 42 more minutes, but as soon as one hour of sleep is demanded from me by daylight savings I’ll literally act exhausted for the next four months"

I don't want to hear about it.  Post that wimpy "my body can't adjust" crap in someone else's thread.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit archaic and outdated, so I can see why you would be such a staunch supporter.  I think whatever time it is in Dallas, Texas is what time is should be all over the world.  Nice and easy.  Posted at 10:39 Texas Universal time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Seems a bit archaic and outdated, so I can see why you would be such a staunch supporter.  I think whatever time it is in Dallas, Texas is what time is should be all over the world.  Nice and easy.  Posted at 10:39 Texas Universal time.

We can agree to some degree.  If TUT never included DST then universally EST would forever be EDT or the equivalent of TUT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lose almost 10 hours of daylight.

I really don't want kids going to school when it's pitch black.

So instead of changing DST, let's take the sensible way out and give Texas back to Mexico. Or Argentina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, late said:

let's take the sensible way out and give Texas back to Mexico. Or Argentina

The only sensible think you've said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I think it is a waste of time.

Huh?  For some reason you think that we care what you think.  Strange.  Where did you get that impression?  Wait, don't answer that.  We don't care.

By we I mean jsharr.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, late said:

We lose almost 10 hours of daylight.

I really don't want kids going to school when it's pitch black.

So instead of changing DST, let's take the sensible way out and give Texas back to Mexico. Or Argentina.

You have the exact same amount of daylight, regardsless of what your human construct decrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

You have the exact same amount of daylight, regardsless of what your human construct decrees.

9 hours, 42 minutes.

Still not going to let you have our kids go to school when it's pitch black, kiddo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

It's such a good idea that the eastern new england states are contemplating moving into the next time zone to the east.

There is a time zone to the east?  Isn't that the ocean?

Living on the western edge of a time zone has it's advantages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, late said:

9 hours, 42 minutes.

Still no going to let you have our kids go to school when it's pitch black, kiddo.

In Hawaii, they'd be fine. Poor parenting choices should not make the rest of us suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It's such a good idea that the eastern new england states are contemplating moving into the next time zone to the east.

I hadn't heard about that. If we were following the 'rules', a lot of my state would be 4 hours behind the West Coast.

No one is especially keen to give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

In Hawaii, they'd be fine. Poor parenting choices should not make the rest of us suffer.

It's like what the ant said to the elephant, suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, late said:

9 hours, 42 minutes.

Still not going to let you have our kids go to school when it's pitch black, kiddo.

just change the time you send them.  Let them play when it is light and sleep when it is dark, just as our cave dwelling progenitors did after slithering up out of the mire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

There is a time zone to the east?  Isn't that the ocean?

Living on the western edge of a time zone has it's advantages.

Yes there is a time zone to the east.  Yes it's the ocean.  Any other questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jsharr said:

just change the time you send them.  Let them play when it is light and sleep when it is dark, just as our cave dwelling progenitors did after slithering up out of the mire.

Long story short, no way in hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes there is a time zone to the east.  Yes it's the ocean.  Any other questions?

Nova Scotia is ocean?

Learn something new every day, I guess.

What people like about Maine, the rocky coasts, pretty scenery, great seafood. Nova Scotia does them a little better. Something to put in everyone's vacation to do list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes there is a time zone to the east.  Yes it's the ocean.  Any other questions?

No intelligent ones.  Wait - are the questions intelligent or just the answers or maybe the answerers...  

#soconfused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jsharr said:

It is always dark in Hell.  Satan hates the light you see.

So hellfire is dark?

I'm getting a real education today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, late said:

Nova Scotia is ocean?

Learn something new every day, I guess.

What people like about Maine, the rocky coasts, pretty scenery, great seafood. Nova Scotia does them a little better. Something to put in everyone's vacation to do list.

Nova Scotia doesn't count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, late said:

Nova Scotia is ocean?

Learn something new every day, I guess.

What people like about Maine, the rocky coasts, pretty scenery, great seafood. Nova Scotia does them a little better. Something to put in everyone's vacation to do list.

Sorry, I thought we were discussing an American thing.  I neglected the late comers to the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, late said:

So hellfire is dark?

I'm getting a real education today.

It's spiritual - you're thinking physical.  Open up your mind.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maddmaxx said:

Sorry, I thought we were discussing an American thing.  I neglected the late comers to the discussion.

We were.  Let's stay on track here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kzoo said:

It's spiritual - you're thinking physical.  Open up your mind.  

As I pointed out earlier this morning, I pooped my brains out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, late said:

As I pointed out earlier this morning, I pooped my brains out.

 

@Dottles has an avatar for that.  You should ask him for the rights.  Wait, @jsharr owns the rights to that avatar.  

How about it jsharr, can Late use the double poop avatar you made for Dottie?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

It's spiritual - you're thinking physical.  Open up your mind.  

I don't do imaginary pets.

Except unicorns, what can I tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, late said:

I don't do imaginary pets.

Except unicorns, what can I tell you.

You're the one that commented on hellfire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, late said:

I don't do imaginary pets.

Except unicorns, what can I tell you.

Life isn't all unicorns, rainbows, and blowjobs? There are some AA meetings that preach that. I wonder if they are right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

just change the time you send them.  Let them play when it is light and sleep when it is dark, just as our cave dwelling progenitors did after slithering up out of the mire.

Are you giving him parenting advice?  Ask him about his kids' vaccines while you are at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Life isn't all unicorns, rainbows, and blowjobs?

I'm fresh out of all those, and bread.

I really need to go get some bread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

... daylight saving time.

I believe it is the best invention since sliced bread - maybe even better than that.

And if you're one of these...

"If a basketball game goes into overtime one Saturday night, I’m fine with staying up later to watch it. Or if I feel like I can squeeze in one more Netflix episode before bed than what’s 42 more minutes, but as soon as one hour of sleep is demanded from me by daylight savings I’ll literally act exhausted for the next four months"

I don't want to hear about it.  Post that wimpy "my body can't adjust" crap in someone else's thread.🤣

As someone who is not a natural early-morning riser - even though I did it for 3 decades as a school teacher - I LOVE Daylight Savings time.  It gives me more flexibility in scheduling outdoor activities.

I would wish it for all-year except that it would mean, in my area, kids walking to school in the dark throughout the Winter.

As a Spring Sports coach, I also loved when DST kicked-in: from 1986 - 2007 which roughly coincides with my high school coaching career, it used to start the 1st Sunday in April.  Before DST I sometimes had to cut softball or track practices short on cloudy days when it became darker early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MickinMD said:

As someone who is not a natural early-morning riser - even though I did it for 3 decades as a school teacher - I LOVE Daylight Savings time.  It gives me more flexibility in scheduling outdoor activities.

I would wish it for all-year except that it would mean, in my area, kids walking to school in the dark throughout the Winter.

As a Spring Sports coach, I also loved when DST kicked-in: from 1986 - 2007 which roughly coincides with my high school coaching career, it used to start the 1st Sunday in April.  Before DST I sometimes had to cut softball or track practices short on cloudy days when it became darker early.

This is what I'm talk'n about.

This guy understands.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Life isn't all unicorns, rainbows, and blowjobs? There are some AA meetings that preach that. I wonder if they are right?

what kind of sicko would blow a unicorn by rainbow light?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

what kind of sicko would blow a unicorn by rainbow light?

Apparently some drunks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

This is what I'm talk'n about.

This guy understands.

 

So, the USA is at the mercy of a bunch or bureaucratic teachers and administrators who are incapable of simply starting and ending the school day at a proper time?  Jeebus.

"It's dark when my kids go to school!" Wah wah wah.  How about, start school at 8 instead of 7 and call it a day. Leave the rest of us out of your inanity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, the USA is at the mercy of a bunch or bureaucratic teachers and administrators who are incapable of simply starting and ending the school day at a proper time?  Jeebus.

"It's dark when my kids go to school!" Wah wah wah.  How about, start school at 8 instead of 7 and call it a day. Leave the rest of us out of your inanity!

One word..... Teacher's Union.

Teacher's lives matter too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Finally, some honesty!  Yay.

I am always honest, sir.  Sometime you don't want to hear it but I am always honest.

Jsharr can attest to that.

Oh, and Zack is a great reference as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Hawaii doesn’t observe DST. It’s utopia.

 

Did you say Testopia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Hawaii doesn’t observe DST. It’s utopia wrong.

 

FIFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Slightly annoying if you have to go to dinner at 5:30 pm in order to get a sunset view, but not “wrong”.

It's like Hawaii just has too much daylight. Too much sunlight. Too much pleasantness.

They ought to share with somewhere other than Southern California!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

One word..... Teacher's Union.

Teacher's lives matter too

Another valid reason (or at least more valid than the rant) is that parents would then need to stay home longer before going to work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...