Sweepstakes / Contests. Do you enter?

2Far

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I seldom enter and I have never won anything.

Same.  On the other hand, the wife entered one and won a very nice trip for 3 to a Nascar race, including driving one of the Toyota trucks around the track during driver intro.    I had no idea how awesome an all access special Nascar pass hanging around you neck could be till I had one.

• Heart 3

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Same.  On the other hand, the wife entered one and won a very nice trip for 3 to a Nascar race, including driving one of the Toyota trucks around the track during driver intro.    I had no idea how awesome an all access special Nascar pass hanging around you neck could be till I had one.

Yep, that would be pretty dang cool.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Yep, that would be pretty dang cool.  

You may remember that it was the ultimate great thing as she won it the week after she was diagnosed with her second bout of colon cancer and less than a week before her scheduled surgery.  It served very well to take her mind off that for a couple of days.  Since she won, she got to drive the truck while son and I sat in the back.  She really enjoyed the day.  She even bought a driver's jersey and has it displayed on the wall at home.

• Heart 2

I enter NFL fantasy and playoff free contests. Right now, there's a free Fox Sports Super 6 phone app (aka "Win Terry Bradshaw's Money") with $250,000 for making 6 correct predictions about the Super Bowl. The 6 multi-choice questions are easy but most without a single probable answer. Still, the game shows you what %age of players picked each possible answer. Yes, a million or more people may play the game, but I've come in the top 10 twice in games like this and look at the questions below  NO single person has a big edge on any other - especially when you can see the %age of people that have made each pick! And as the Super Bowl approaches, you can Google "fox super 6 super bowl picks" and get expert advice! You have to play to win - and there was a $250,000 winner in October!

The six multiple choice questions for the Super Bowl are:

Who will catch or rush for the game's first touchdown?

How many sacks with the 49er's have in the first half?

Who will have the most rushing/receiving yards in the first half?

How many total touchdowns (passing/rushing/receiving) will Mahomes have?

How many total points will be scored in the game (in 5 point ranges)?

Which team will win and by how many points (in 4 point ranges)?

I was in 3rd place in an NBC $250,000 prize season-long "pick 'em" contest several years ago with no special insights other than the Las Vegas odds so I play these things.

I'lll enter other contests if they're easy to find and quick and easy.

For example, if you use the Walmart Pay phone app at check-out (5% cash-back for a year then 2% if you pay with a no-annual-fee Capital One Walmart Mastercard) and afterward you check your purchase on with your phone app (I do for budget recording purposes) a button is at the bottom offering a chance at winning a $1,000 gift card for doing a survey.  I do it - it only takes a minute of so.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, Mr. Silly said:

Mrs. Silly was addicted to Publisher's Clearing House last year.  It sucked.

I put my name in the door prize bowl at a bar once and won a mug.

I used to put my business card in the restaurants’ fish bowls at the register. Never won nuthin’.