My credit score has dropped

Chris...

18 minutes ago, Further said:

My guess is losing his job.

Does that even get reported?  I don't think it happens so quickly.

40 minutes ago, Dottles said:

When he looks up his credit score.

Nah.  If you use something like a credit monitoring service, they send you updates.  

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

Mine seems to fluctuate 3 points a month, dunno why. 

Mine fluctuates by a point or two.  It has to do with the amount of credit you are using compared to your available credit.  Use more, it goes down.  Use less, it goes up.

Mine might be dropping like a rock.  Wife already figured out bankruptcy will get us clear of any legal judgement if it comes to that.  So if shit goes to court and we lose, we will be following bankruptcy and still not paying a them a fucking dime.

No, I didn't sleep again because of this, why do you ask?

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Credit agencies need to create angst.  Their entire existance is built on the fantasy idea that what they think about you is somehow important enough to justify the fees that people pay for their information.

This!

The scores are so bogus as they leave a major factor out - net worth - which is a major factor in the ability to re-pay. Thankfully, they have no access to calculating this and people are not going to just give it away. There is just no way to calculate a debt to asset ratio. As I look at mine the debt is just a drop in the bucket reducing net worth that I have to laugh.

6 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

This!

The scores are so bogus as they leave a major factor out - net worth - which is a major factor in the ability to re-pay. Thankfully, they have no access to calculating this and people are not going to just give it away. There is just no way to calculate a debt to asset ratio. As I look at mine the debt is just a drop in the bucket reducing net worth that I have to laugh.

Yes, I have an aunt and uncle that gets punished on their car insurance of all things because their credit score is horrendous, to the point they basically don't have one.

Now, they own several vehicles, a house, things just like everyone else.  But they paid cash for all of it, has never owed anyone any money in their entire lives.  Their insurance agent and their kids tried to talk them into getting a credit card and just use it for gas and pay it off every month as it would save they a decent amount just on insurance.  They won't do it because they've never owed anyone before and are not going to start now.  Kind of shows the absurdity of the system.

• Heart 1

I'm normally in the 809-820 range, but mine fell to 797.  Mine fluctuates mostly because of the change in the percentage of available credit that I charge in the period before I pay 100% of the statements on all my cards each month.

Mine fell a lot this month because I spent a lot on replacing a laptop, clothes, etc. from the fire and I keep fairly small maxes on my credit cards, so my percentage use of my available credit went up significantly.

Note that credit ratings increase if you increase the total available credit and as you approach at least NINE sources of credit.  You are, of course, a greater credit risk if you charge more and do it to more places - but those features favor the lending companies the ratings agencies at tied-into.

When I was shopping for my last car, I let the dealership search for a possible loan with interest so small that I might be interested.  8 searches later on their part my credit score had dropped almost 60 points.  Nothing resulted from the searches other than for some company that built a business out of thin air to have their Al Gore rythims create a new artificial number.

They are one of the better scams going on in this country today.  I suspect some Nigerian princes have gone into business under a new model.

Money for nuthin and your checks aren't free.

55 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes, I have an aunt and uncle that gets punished on their car insurance of all things because their credit score is horrendous, to the point they basically don't have one.

Now, they own several vehicles, a house, things just like everyone else.  But they paid cash for all of it, has never owed anyone any money in their entire lives.  Their insurance agent and their kids tried to talk them into getting a credit card and just use it for gas and pay it off every month as it would save they a decent amount just on insurance.  They won't do it because they've never owed anyone before and are not going to start now.  Kind of shows the absurdity of the system.

My mother was the same way. She owned a local boutique real estate firm, banking through a local community bank and very well known in the community. When she wanted to get her first cell phone, she needed a credit card to set up the account. That forced her to get her first credit card and was turned down due to lack of credit history. She has never even had a mortgage as my step-father built the homes! The bank president got that credit card issue resolved real quick when she brought it to his attention. (My sister offered to teach mom how to use a credit card. :whistle:)