The story of my new chair.

Kirby

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I decided I needed a proper desk chair if I was going to continue working from home indefinitely,.  This made me feel decisive and it made my back feel happy..  So I ordered one with "easy assembly".   This made me eager  The box with my chair arrived and this made me excited with anticipation.  I took all the parts out and it seemed like there were a  lot of them.  This made me wary.  There was also a lot of styrofoam which made me feel icky because it's creepy to touch.  I set out following the directions and felt very pleased.  Then I realized the arms couldn't attach.  This made me frustrated.  Then I undid everything and started over.   This made me annoyed.  A good bit later I had a chair assembled.  This made me very pleased.  I tested the height adjuster thingy and it worked.  This made me surprised.  I had a few parts over, but I think they were just decorative,  but I still felt a bit wary.  I've used it for a few days now and haven't fallen to the ground.  This made me very pleased with my accomplishment.

The End

Chairs are easier than closets.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kirby said:

There was also a lot of styrofoam which made me feel icky because it's creepy to touch.

When you're a chemist and you get a newbie in the lab, you give him a styrofoam cup and tell him to get you a cup of acetone, a common lab liquid used as a cleaning agent and for other things.

Acetone almost instantly dissolves styrofoam.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

I decided I needed a proper desk chair if I was going to continue working from home indefinitely,.  This made me feel decisive and it made my back feel happy..  So I ordered one with "easy assembly".   This made me eager  The box with my chair arrived and this made me excited with anticipation.  I took all the parts out and it seemed like there were a  lot of them.  This made me wary.  There was also a lot of styrofoam which made me feel icky because it's creepy to touch.  I set out following the directions and felt very pleased.  Then I realized the arms couldn't attach.  This made me frustrated.  Then I undid everything and started over.   This made me annoyed.  A good bit later I had a chair assembled.  This made me very pleased.  I tested the height adjuster thingy and it worked.  This made me surprised.  I had a few parts left over, but I think they were just decorative,  but I still felt a bit uneasy.  I've used it for a few days now and haven't fallen to the ground.  This made me very pleased with my accomplishment.

The End

:needpics:

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

When you're a chemist and you get a newbie in the lab, you give him a styrofoam cup and tell him to get you a cup of acetone, a common lab liquid used as a cleaning agent and for other things.

Acetone almost instantly dissolves styrofoam.

Our high school chemistry teacher used to show us all kinds of cool stuff like that. My favorite was watching what happens to sugar when sulfuric acid is added.

1 minute ago, Bikeguy said:

So any idea why you had leftover parts?  

Back when i worked on cars a lot, leftover parts was generally very bad.  Maybe not so much for a chair. 

They were either tops that you put over the screws for the sake of appearance, or parts you were supposed to use when installing the screws. :dontknow:  That's why I was so pleased with the not yet falling to the ground part of the story.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1