Question for you tech gurus

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

Being a cheap Tracfone user, I try to use WiFi all the time and get a wide range of speed in loading web pages, etc., depending on whose WiFi I'm using. I think it has to do with the handshake protocols that occur before WiFi accepts the connection because once the page starts loading, it loads fast enough.

At Walmart, I use the store WiFi to connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 to the network so I can use my Walmart app to pay at checkout. Sometimes that is real slow, though that may simply be a bandwidth problem due to lots of users.

What is your signal strength? My spot on the family room sofa is on the fringe of good WiFi reception. Usually fine, but if we are streaming a movie on our Apple TV or we have more than a couple people in the family room, the WiFi radius shrinks so LTE works better. I’m hoping to upgrade to a mesh WiFi system in the near future. 
You may also want to just reboot your router. 

4 minutes ago, groupw said:

What is your signal strength? My spot on the family room sofa is on the fringe of good WiFi reception. Usually fine, but if we are streaming a movie on our Apple TV or we have more than a couple people in the family room, the WiFi radius shrinks so LTE works better. I’m hoping to upgrade to a mesh WiFi system in the near future. 
You may also want to just reboot your router. 

Looks like full strength here in the sun room and it is working fine at the moment.  Owl keep an eye on that. BUT, it seems to happen at work too. 

13 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I'm having a similar issue with this SW web site and my Galaxy S9 android phone. And it doesn't seem to matter if I'm using Wi-Fi or 4G connections. Clearing the web browser cache seems to help for a little while.

Same..somedays I wait a long time for this site to go from one topic to the next on my galaxy 

• Heart 1