Wine Club

dinneR

I joined a local wine club at TLS. Just picked up my first shipment today. Four bottles for $50/month. It seems like a good deal and gets me to break my habit of buying the same few wines over and over.

NV Menestrello Prosecco – Veneton, Italy – Regularly $13.49 - 100% Glera vinified at the new Bacio della Luna winery which lies in the village of Vidor, in the heart of Valdobbiadene Prosecco region. This Prosecco is nice and fruity with a lovely hint of sweetness. It has a delicate lemony scent on top of its soft peachy flavours, so try it with your fave chicken or seafood dishes or enjoy on its own

2019 Domaine du Salvard Cheverny Blanc – Loire, France - Regularly $18.49 - This is the best Sauvignon Blanc under $20 in the store! 85% Sauvignon Blanc, 15% Chardonnay from the Delaille family, who've been operating Domaine du Salvard for 5 generations since 1898. Until finally achieving A.O.C. status in 1993, Cheverny was regarded as one of the best non AOC areas in the Loire. You’ll soon see why.

2015 Siegel Pinot Noir Special Reserve – Leyda Valley, Chile - Regularly $17.99 - 100% Pinot Noir from Chile's cool climate Leyda Valley that ages in French Oak barrels for 5-8 months. The Leyda Valley is bordered by the Andes to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Leyda is the foothills of Mt Aconcagua the highest peak in the Americas. Siegel is a family owned producer since 1980

2019 Domaine Bousquet Malbec Reserva– Mendoza, Argentina - Regularly $17.99 - 85% Malbec 5% Merlot 5% Syrah 5% Cabernet Sauvignon from Domaine Bousquet's organically farmed estate vineyards. The 4,000-foot elevation ensures that, with the right handling, the grapes for these wines lend an Old World elegance. The wine ages for 10 months in French Oak. Delicious full bodied and rich expression of Malbec.

•  
  • Heart 1
  • Envious 1

Over 25% off and you get to try new wines.   Nice.  I am not a wine drinker.  The sulfites give me a horrible headache and the tannins in the red wines make me sweat.  I am weird.   

I have an old friend who turned waiting tables into becoming a sommelier and turned that into a career in the wine business and turned that into his own wine shop in our neighborhood.

https://thewineauthorityonline.com/

When you come visit I will take you there for a glass or two of wine.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, dennis said:

I joined a local wine club at TLS. Just picked up my first shipment today. Four bottles for $50/month. It seems like a good deal and gets me to break my habit of buying the same few wines over and over.

NV Menestrello Prosecco – Veneton, Italy – Regularly $13.49 - 100% Glera vinified at the new Bacio della Luna winery which lies in the village of Vidor, in the heart of Valdobbiadene Prosecco region. This Prosecco is nice and fruity with a lovely hint of sweetness. It has a delicate lemony scent on top of its soft peachy flavours, so try it with your fave chicken or seafood dishes or enjoy on its own

2019 Domaine du Salvard Cheverny Blanc – Loire, France - Regularly $18.49 - This is the best Sauvignon Blanc under $20 in the store! 85% Sauvignon Blanc, 15% Chardonnay from the Delaille family, who've been operating Domaine du Salvard for 5 generations since 1898. Until finally achieving A.O.C. status in 1993, Cheverny was regarded as one of the best non AOC areas in the Loire. You’ll soon see why.

2015 Siegel Pinot Noir Special Reserve – Leyda Valley, Chile - Regularly $17.99 - 100% Pinot Noir from Chile's cool climate Leyda Valley that ages in French Oak barrels for 5-8 months. The Leyda Valley is bordered by the Andes to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Leyda is the foothills of Mt Aconcagua the highest peak in the Americas. Siegel is a family owned producer since 1980

2019 Domaine Bousquet Malbec Reserva– Mendoza, Argentina - Regularly $17.99 - 85% Malbec 5% Merlot 5% Syrah 5% Cabernet Sauvignon from Domaine Bousquet's organically farmed estate vineyards. The 4,000-foot elevation ensures that, with the right handling, the grapes for these wines lend an Old World elegance. The wine ages for 10 months in French Oak. Delicious full bodied and rich expression of Malbec.

•  

Nice!  I have had the last two..., let us know what your take on them is.  The Malbec would go nice with a nice Elk steak.....  now I am all hungry

28 minutes ago, donkpow said:

What about next week?

I keep a box on hand at all times. Wine on tap is a pandemic key.

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Over 25% off and you get to try new wines.   Nice.  I am not a wine drinker.  The sulfites give me a horrible headache and the tannins in the red wines make me sweat.  I am weird.   

I have an old friend who turned waiting tables into becoming a sommelier and turned that into a career in the wine business and turned that into his own wine shop in our neighborhood.

https://thewineauthorityonline.com/

When you come visit I will take you there for a glass or two of wine.

That's awesome. I do have a friend in Dallas. Apparently, there's a crappy football team there.

27 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Nice!  I have had the last two..., let us know what your take on them is.  The Malbec would go nice with a nice Elk steak.....  now I am all hungry

Good call. Elk Steaks and Malbec. 

I tend to fall into wine ruts and stick with something I like. Lately it's been Hahn GSM or Merlot. Pinot Evil too. 

image.jpeg.51029564ce3d3faac022008cbb5e71e0.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, dennis said:

•  

So much for the first rule of Wine Club being not talking about Wine Club.

I've never been a fan of wine clubs.  I would think there would be a lot of wines that I would just never buy.  But yes, they are a good way to find new things.  I go to the wine store and buy by the case for the discount, mixing favorites with new ideas.  And always pick up anything from the 90+ label.  There's a great wine store near here that sells mostly to higher end restaurants, specializing in Italian.  I have to go there with my sommelier friend or I have no idea what I'm doing.

14 minutes ago, 12string said:

So much for the first rule of Wine Club being not talking about Wine Club.

I've never been a fan of wine clubs.  I would think there would be a lot of wines that I would just never buy.  But yes, they are a good way to find new things.  I go to the wine store and buy by the case for the discount, mixing favorites with new ideas.  And always pick up anything from the 90+ label.  There's a great wine store near here that sells mostly to higher end restaurants, specializing in Italian.  I have to go there with my sommelier friend or I have no idea what I'm doing.

This is like getting a better than case discount on just 4 bottles.

Other perks to the program include 15% off mix and match cases of wine as well as, exclusive access to the Wine of the Week. Each week, Jackson Hole Wine Club sends an email with a limited number of heavily-discounted bottles of wine, which may only be purchased through the site.

I'm stoked. If it sucks, you can quit at any time. And they offer free delivery.

3 minutes ago, dennis said:

This is like getting a better than case discount on just 4 bottles.

Other perks to the program include 15% off mix and match cases of wine as well as, exclusive access to the Wine of the Week. Each week, Jackson Hole Wine Club sends an email with a limited number of heavily-discounted bottles of wine, which may only be purchased through the site.

I'm stoked. If it sucks, you can quit at any time. And they offer free delivery.

depending on the dues, sounds like it could pay off even if some of the bottles get re-gifted

4 minutes ago, 12string said:

depending on the dues, sounds like it could pay off even if some of the bottles get re-gifted

No dues, just $12.50/bottle, $50/month. You can choose 4 reds, 4 whites or 2 of each, switch at any time, quit at any time. One of my co-workers is friends with the guy and said he's awesome at picking wines.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, dennis said:

I joined a local wine club at TLS. Just picked up my first shipment today.

FULFILLMENT

How do I get my monthly order?

Jackson Hole Wine Club subscriptions are currently only available for pickup and local delivery. Wines will be available for pickup on the first Thursday of each month at The Liquor Store or you may opt-in for free delivery during the checkout process. Delivery is only available within the town of Jackson. Surrounding areas may inquire about delivery for a nominal fee.

Only a 20 hour (one way) drive for me to pick up the wine.  :(

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

FULFILLMENT

How do I get my monthly order?

Jackson Hole Wine Club subscriptions are currently only available for pickup and local delivery. Wines will be available for pickup on the first Thursday of each month at The Liquor Store or you may opt-in for free delivery during the checkout process. Delivery is only available within the town of Jackson. Surrounding areas may inquire about delivery for a nominal fee.

Only a 20 hour (one way) drive for me to pick up the wine.  :(

I did say local.

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I used to drink wine, but not so much lately since I prefer beer. Dogfish head did have a good wine-influenced beer a while ago. I forget the name. 

2018. I wonder if they still sell those?  Viniferous for white and Sixty One for red. 
https://www.brewbound.com/news/dogfish-head-releases-ipas-for-the-holidays-variety-pack/