How well do you know wood?

Digital_photog

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

3 spoons are done.  @ChrisL  @Zephyr and @Airehead you can choose in that order.  All 23 are walnut. The left one is sapwood with a small edge of heartwood.  The other 2 are heartwood.  All 3 were carved a little different so you will all have one of a kind.   Just reply left center or right to pick your spoon.  I stopped after 3 to let the blister on my hand heal.

DSCN0879.thumb.jpg.65e2b6dbff5f2d47fe71e52c3b9364a1.jpg

DSCN0883.thumb.jpg.578b61919d928e1736a32f70cd93e562.jpg

DSCN0886.thumb.jpg.058445ad675a8e465fdca534ec8bd15f.jpg

Can you add a banana to the picture for scale?

@ChrisL when you pick, tag me in your comment so I will know you have chosen

9 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Can you add a banana to the picture for scale?

@ChrisL when you pick, tag me in your comment so I will know you have chosen

The 2 smaller ones are about like a normal teaspoon or maybe just a little larger. The larger one is about like a serving spoon.  When @ChrisL gets his chosen you are next.

35 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You can send them to me, I'll forward them along.

Should we take a vote of the winners to see if they think you can be trusted? If we get a 100% positive vote I will do that.  That would save me shipping costs.

Now a warning to the winners.  I'm not sure I trust SW for this. You may never see your spoon,

4 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

3 spoons are done.  @ChrisL  @Zephyr and @Airehead you can choose in that order.  All 23 are walnut. The left one is sapwood with a small edge of heartwood.  The other 2 are heartwood.  All 3 were carved a little different so you will all have one of a kind.   Just reply left center or right to pick your spoon.  I stopped after 3 to let the blister on my hand heal.

DSCN0879.thumb.jpg.65e2b6dbff5f2d47fe71e52c3b9364a1.jpg

DSCN0883.thumb.jpg.578b61919d928e1736a32f70cd93e562.jpg

DSCN0886.thumb.jpg.058445ad675a8e465fdca534ec8bd15f.jpg

@Digital_photog may I have the light colored one?  I like the that color and shape.

Thanks again for doing this! 

• Heart 1

They have been shipped.  The 2 to USA addresses list an expected delivery date 12-18-2020 but the postmaster said to expect much longer.  She told me priority mail is not 10 days and first class is longer.  The last priority mail package I sent is now at 13 days and still not delivered. I have no guess how long it will take to go to Canada. I'm guessing chances are very slim that you will have them before Christmas if what she says is right.

6 hours ago, 12string said:

Did I win?

NO.

Everyone who won got a pm with their tracking number.  Since Grumpy Owl thinks it is a scam the winners may need to post  a picture of the spoon when it arrives. This is no fly by night scam.  I'm not an owl. I only fly in daylight any more.

• Heart 1