The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

2/6, 2/7, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, /2/11, 2/12, 2/13,  and 2/14

zero miles

It's still too cold for our dogs to go on a walk.   When they go outside to pee / poop they start lifting their paws and limp back to the house.  :(

WoBG and I just figure we can wait too..    yeah we are hibernating now.    Based on the forecast, possibly in 1 1/2 weeks the temps will be back to normal, a high of36o.  Which will be great for walking the dogs again.  

Maybe in March or April... I can ride the bike again.

• Heart 2

1 mile in the park with Ruby.  The temp went up slightly above 32 but there were still some treacherous spots.  They seem to do a mostly good job of plowing without salting AFAIK, and the blacktop mostly captures enough sun to dry it off, but there are a few low spots that are real slip hazards when frozen.  I wore my Army boots. :)

:check:

• Heart 4

12.4 miles on the fat bike on the snow/gravel. 19 degrees at the start, but at least the wind was light and the sun was shining. There was a fog last night and it frosted the trees this morning but it was falling off fa when the sun came out. Had to start early before it got too sloppy. Even so I had about 2 miles of road that were pretty muddy in places after the turnaround. 

C5171514-81E3-492E-ACC2-099F110A6001.jpeg

90622334-B16C-447C-9AC4-634EBF88212D.jpeg

:check:

• Heart 4