<groan>

Dirtyhip

Groan because the bank branch is open?  Haven’t they always been open?

I had to do a wire transfer recently and due to the amount  of the transfer had to do it in person.  That was the 1st time I had been in a bank branch in ages. It felt weird walking into a bank with a mask on too.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Good news is that isn’t Dr Mickins place. 

This.  HAHA

Yes, agreed.

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Groan because the bank branch is open?  Haven’t they always been open?

I had to do a wire transfer recently and due to the amount  of the transfer had to do it in person.  That was the 1st time I had been in a bank branch in ages. It felt weird walking into a bank with a mask on too.  

YOu may have missed the joke.  I was seeing trucks for the construction company at this place as we had very slow progress. I told people here how jealous I was seeing the trucks at this bank and less at my little build.  In all honesty, they started earlier.

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I guarantee you they had penalty clauses built into the construction contract.  Commercial usually does.  If you don't have them on your project, guess who is getting priority?

Yup.  We have been very chill with them about completion dates.  We had 4 people on my site today.  They were working away.  Looking very busy. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Thank God for online stuff and direct deposit - I've been getting mail months after it was sent. A couple weeks ago I got a letter from the IRS explaining my $600 stimulus check from the end of 2020/beginning of 2021 is not taxable!  A week before that I received a Christmas Card postmarked 12/14/20 from someone living a few miles from me.

I've been selling some shares of stock, which I keep in DRIP's that allow me to make fractional-share small buys, to give me a cushion to make sure I can pay cash for all the extras in my rebuilt house without redeeming my Credit Union CD's that are earning 2.1% to 2.85% and mature in late 2023 or 2024: if I redeemed and eventually replaced them, the current rates are 0.5%.  I usually don't keep much money in the bank besides an emergency-and-planned-spending fund of CD's.

But, one bank that administers some of my stock DRIP's says there's not a bank listing in my profile - even though they take $25/month to buy commission free stock from my credit union checking account!

I could sell and have them mail me a check, but there's no way I'll do that now - I'll pay small fee for direct deposit.

So I added my credit union to the right category so I can sell the stock in "after the bank account becomes official in 10 business days" and have it direct deposited into checking.