Ikea assembly instructions make as much sense as...

Rattlecan

I generally can build most of that stuff without the instructions (most of us will try that the first time anyway), and if I do hit an issue, the instructions have, in the past, been good enough to get me through it fine.

On the other hand, any cheap Chinese electronics are going to have impossible "instructions" and super-buggy software (at best), that often leave you wondering why the heck they even bundle any instructions or software.

• Heart 1

I looked for that hieroglyphic inscription with an Google image search and was surprised to find it on legitimate pages about hieroglyphics.  I bought a "teach yourself hieroglyphics" book that I studied in the Spring before touring Egypt in the Summer of 1999 and took a crib sheet with me.  I can't remember a lot of it - and it focused on stuff you'd find in tombs - but the glyph of the guy's head is definitely not standard.  Maybe it's slang!

Mickey (Mkee) in Egyptian hieroglyphics is: image.png.9d11f8a58d7874ce397257c533cd53f8.png

image.png.05769b06840cee5cf63752ca1058aa19.png

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

And you didn't have any missing screws, etc. in the IKea plastic pkgs.?  This happened 3 times for some pieces of Ikea of furniture bought about 30 yrs. ago... maybe things are better.

No, all the bits and pieces were present and accounted for.