Father Daughter Wedding Dance

BuffJim

Any good advice? I’m not much of a dancer, and neither is my daughter. I picked out Steven Curtis Chapman Cinderella. 
What did the father’s here choose? Or what did your daughters choose?

Any Mother and son wedding songs?

I oldest daughter ties the knot, we agreed that Cyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time” would be a choice. She was about 2 when MTV became a thing. It didn’t matter where she was in the house, she would run to the TV when this song came on. Lyrics work, too. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

We danced to "You can't always get what you want".

There's a long and appropriate on so many levels reason, the folks who knew her as a toddler know.  Her husband knows.  Others, I'm sure were wondering.

ironically, she married later, partly because she had some really focused ideas about who her perfect husband was.  Then backed off that, and found the perfect guy for her.  

Pretty sure she hasn't noticed the irony still

• Awesome 1
  • Like 1

We danced to Luis Armstrong Beautiful World. 

My daughter didn’t have a preference and really couldn’t think of anything.  I liked the lyrics & felt it appropriate for our dance.  The funny thing was my daughter was going rapid fire on me all the things I needed to be sure got done later in the wedding.  So at a distance it was a charming beautiful dance, in reality it was: You got the tip money for the bartender right, Kam’s been drinking so I need you to drive us to the hotel, oh be sure the…..😂

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We danced to Luis Armstrong Beautiful World. 

My daughter didn’t have a preference and really couldn’t think of anything.  I liked the lyrics & felt it appropriate for our dance.  The funny thing was my daughter was going rapid fire on me all the things I needed to be sure got done later in the wedding.  So at a distance it was a charming beautiful dance, in reality it was: You got the tip money for the bartender right, Kam’s been drinking so I need you to drive us to the hotel, oh be sure the…..😂

Dad's job is never done...........

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

@BuffJim  You'll land whatever father-daughter dance song.

Just make sure daughter and hubby has Lauper's Girls Wanna Fun... everyone will want to dance to this.

Their first song is going to be You’re Still the One. The Shania Twain song, not the earlier one by Orleans.

• Heart 3

On 4/15/2024 at 1:35 PM, BuffJim said:

Any good advice? I’m not much of a dancer, and neither is my daughter.

I can't remember what the music was during the dance. :scratchhead:   Our daughter was married maybe 25+ years ago.     

Then again... I don't think the music mattered that much.  

I was not much of a dancer for years.  Now I'm better than I was...  :whistle:

After I retired WoBG and I started taking Swing Dance lesions.   The instructors also had a class for Wedding Reception Survival and we took that class too. 

https://www.fredastaire.com/buffalo/wedding-programs/   The web site displays kind of bad on my laptop, but you get the idea.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

Daddy’s Little Girl

My daughter almost went with this but changed her mind at the last minute.  She said she didn't want it to be a tearful dance. :) 

Now I can't remember what we danced to but it was a happy faster dance.  

• Like 2