Dallas news said brace yourselves; storms a'comin.

MoseySusan

Luckily we have dried out a bit in the last few weeks, but this could cause some major flooding again,  

​Could??? looks like it will! 

I wonder what effects of the storm we will see up here. 

​Could??? looks like it will! 

I wonder what effects of the storm we will see up here. 

​Texicans are by their very nature skeptics.

Yes, flooding will occur.  Will it be as major as the stuff we saw last month, with rivers rising 40' and washing away houses and families, I hope and pray not.

There's a lot of land in between Dallas and the coast, but there's a lot of rain in the east and south parts of this storm. Lots of rain in a short span of time means flooding. Get your ice cream sandwiches, man....

​The biggest issue is that the excess storage capacity of most of our flood control lakes, levee systems etc from Dallas south and east is non existant and the ground is saturated from one of the wettest May's in the history of Texas.  There is no where to store runoff from prolonged rain fall.  Flooding will occur, I am just not sure it will be what we saw in South Texas last month.

Dallas will be just fine for the most part.  People in flood prone areas should and for the most part are taking precautions from what I have seen.

But for the vast majority of Texans, this will just be another rain storm I think.

​Yep.  Most of the humidity and rain in the Ohio Valley as far North as Toronto and Montreal comes from the gulf.  

​WHAT?

"Ohio valley as far north as Toronto"

Newsflash - the Ohio valley ends south of the Great Lakes.  

We kicked you guys out of the Ohio Valley a couple centuries ago.  But as we talked yesterday, if you specifically want Ohio, it's yours.  The price, 30 pieces of silver.  We're taking a collection now for the silver.

​WHAT?

"Ohio valley as far north as Toronto"

Newsflash - the Ohio valley ends south of the Great Lakes.  

We kicked you guys out of the Ohio Valley a couple centuries ago.  But as we talked yesterday, if you specifically want Ohio, it's yours.  The price, 30 pieces of silver.  We're taking a collection now for the silver.

​No thanks. The heffers will place too much strain on our healthcare.