Banned

Dottleshead

4 hours ago, Shu Fang said:

I joined them back in 2009 and started noticing preferential treatment for certain members immediately.  I used to bug Tom about it but soon found it it was a useless cause.  The treatment started getting worse after Tom left to deal with his health issues.

I got along with a majority of the moderators there, except jsharr.  Jsharr picked on me and actually sent me his balls!  Squirt eventually ate his balls.  

The forum went down hill when SBW started taking over.  Irrational, sensitive and lack of vision; the growth potential there has been stiffened by poor decisions.  Decisions based on emotion rather than reason.

Anywho, I am Sofa King.  OSR.  The Original Supreme Rulah of Foo.  I haven't posted there in a very very long time.  

Shu Fang

I used to get preferential treatment from Tom do he worked for the University I graduated from, so I always said it was his fault for not teaching me better (no, never had him for a class), he also last lived in Indiana in are area I basically grew up in.  I'd have problem send him a message and he'd usually agree with me and nothing would happen, when he headed to Florida and started being around less, I didn't last long.

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

There is a difference between members of this forum who rejected BF and those who were rejected by BF.  :default_sissy-fight-smiley:

The LF was a much kinder gentler place.  You BF people are like refugees washed up on the shore. :D

(This is like high school - different groups from different grade schools. :D )

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

I guess I'm just well behaved (boring?) or whatever, but I've never gotten myself into trouble on BF. Of course, I mostly hang out in the mechanics forum, C&V, and the geezer's playground.

I also post there under my real name, so that is an incentive to behave.

Yeah, in the P&R there it's different.  I have to deal with guys like Max and Paige all the time.  Surely you can understand my frustrations.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2016 at 8:55 PM, Page Turner said:

toddles - permanent - failure to follow forum guidelines.

...how many times did @TobyOne get permabanned over there ?  Do youi think you can approach his record ?:cheerleader:

I think it was 4 or 5 ... but it was always with a wink and nudge. Tom knew it was all a BS game with points and inconsistent application of the guidelines. This last time, Tom reached out to me unprompted on FaceBook to say he had unbanned me. Then shortly after he met Jesus, the mods decided they didn't want to honor Tom's memory. I didn't always get along with Tom, but he was not a dick like most mods. 

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, TobyOne said:

Then shortly after he met Jesus, the mods decided they didn't want to honor Tom's memory. I didn't always get along with Tom, but he was not a dick like most mods. 

Poor Tom. I had an issue with Tom but it was all stupid forum madness. But in the end, he really bot F'd by his family. I contacted him on FB and we had a few friendly conversations about Christmas and guitars. He was very depressed and spoke about putting an end to it all. I tried to cheer him up but like I said, his family really F'd him over. Now his forum friends are F'ing him over by destroying the site. 

1 hour ago, TobyOne said:

I think it was 4 or 5 ... but it was always with a wink and nudge. Tom knew it was all a BS game with points and inconsistent application of the guidelines. This last time, Tom reached out to me unprompted on FaceBook to say he had unbanned me. Then shortly after he met Jesus, the mods decided they didn't want to honor Tom's memory. I didn't always get along with Tom, but he was not a dick like most mods. 

...I always had the impression that Tom was genuinely interested in the exchange of ideas across the vast spectrum of people who have different ones.  That died with him, for the most part.  Interestingly enough, the very different (from me anyway) Texan who stepped up as the new P+R mod, (when it had gone largely unmoderated for a couple of years...the other moderators judging it a cesspool of insult and depravity), does seem to be more about letting it happen.  It fits in with his philosophical leanings toward less government intervention and states rights. But he has plantation overseers that sometimes demand answers.

The world is a very interesting place sometimes.  Good to hear from you, I hope you didn't get assaulted by protesters at that SoCal Trump rally the other night.:D

I feel strangely remote from all of these experiences related above and the bad feelings and injustices encountered on BF.

I imagine this is because I was loved and respected by all at BF as the amount of home-baked cookies and knitwear I received would testify......life is complicated  it's true.

On April 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM, TobyOne said:

He denigned he unbanned anyone to the staff. 

7 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

I feel strangely remote from all of these experiences related above and the bad feelings and injustices encountered on BF.

I imagine this is because I was loved and respected by all at BF as the amount of home-baked cookies and knitwear I received would testify......life is complicated  it's true.

I suspect you are too civilized for that other place to understand its evil under currents. 

On 4/14/2016 at 1:41 PM, Shu Fang said:

You were my favorite mod.   And,  I am stating this to suck up to you. 

Couch 

On 4/14/2016 at 1:42 PM, Allen said:

I love you too. 

Siu once said Allen didn't do anything.  But she doesn't get it.  Allen reached me in like two posts and I never had a problem with him nor with Pattie.  Really cool people and I'd be glad to work with them. I cannot say the same about the current SWC of BF now.

23 hours ago, dotman17 said:

Siu once said Allen didn't do anything.  But she doesn't get it.  Allen reached me in like two posts and I never had a problem with him nor with Pattie.  Really cool people and I'd be glad to work with them. I cannot say the same about the current SWC of BF now.

Ouch. I could refute that I did nothing, but BF is Siu's to do with as she sees fit. 

Although through the policy of threatening its posters BF has done much to support cycling forums the internet over. I can think of several that were formed specifically because of that. 

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Allen said:

Ouch. I could refute that I did nothing, but BF is Siu's to do with as she sees fit. 

Although through the policy of threatening its posters BF has done much to support cycling forums the internet over. I can think of several that were formed specifically because of that. 

I once told her that I got along with Allen fine and that's when she retorted it.  I can't remember the context now -- it's so unimportant -- but you and I both know it's true.  If you (or Pattie) asked me not to do something, I'm 10% sure I would have not done it.  :P

I guess I made quite a reputation for myself in Trollhiem... the way it should have been.  Now I'm over here just being boring.

• Heart 1

57 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

I once told her that I got along with Allen fine and that's when she retorted it.  I can't remember the context now -- it's so unimportant -- but you and I both know it's true.  If you (or Pattie) asked me not to do something, I'm 10% sure I would have not done it.  :P

I guess I made quite a reputation for myself in Trollhiem... the way it should have been.  Now I'm over here just being boring.

Stop being boring. 

Now. 

SF